Coronavirus/COVID-19 Pandemic: Service Update
We are now providing 100% distance services by phone, email or secure video. Please use your MassBay email. It is the college's primary mode of communication.
You can make an appointment by phone or email. You can also join the Virtual Academic Achievement Center (via Zoom) to speak with an Accessibility Specialist.
Drop in to speak to a Specialist here:
JOIN THE VIRTUAL ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT CENTER →
If you don’t see a new window open when you click one of the links below, then it has downloaded a Word document to the Downloads folder on your computer.
The Accessibility Resources Center works closely with the administration, faculty, and students to identify and remove any physical, programmatic, or attitudinal barriers that might discourage, frustrate or deny the full participation and integration of students with disabilities in the College’s complete range of programs, activities, and courses of study.
MassBay provides equal access for each student who self-discloses a disability and requests accommodations through the Accessibility Resources Center for learning, testing, and other areas of need. Students can:
- Make an appointment with an accessibility specialist;
- Provide appropriate documentation of the disability; and
- Request accommodations that will facilitate academic success
Accessibility specialists collaborate with faculty, providing guidance to students in the areas of:
- Universally Accessible Classrooms;
- Applying learning strategies for academic success;
- Advising during course enrollment; and
- Finding mentoring and support opportunities.
Transitional Scholars Program
Transitional Scholars Program Information Page