It’s easy to get started at MassBay! Choose one of the options below to learn more about the application or enrollment process best suited for you. If you have any questions at any time throughout the process, we're here to help you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of Admissions at 781-239-2500.
Which best describes you?
Just taking one or two classes for college credit
You do not need to submit an application if you are planning to just take a few classes for college credit and don’t plan to earn a degree from MassBay. Simply choose a class and submit the Registration Form.
Other things to know:
- Placement Testing is required before registering for a math or English class. (Request assistance with signing up for Placement Testing.)
- Review our Tuition and Fees and payment information. Financial aid is not available for students who are not enrolled in a degree or certificate program at MassBay. If you receive federal aid at another college, you cannot receive aid at MassBay as well; you must pay out-of-pocket.
- If you would like assistance choosing a class, or if you need an advisor signature because the course you want to take has a pre-requisite, please visit an Academic Advisor in either Wellesley Hills or Framingham.
New or transfer student interested in earning a Degree or Certificate
If you are new to MassBay, or have taken some classes here and now want to pursue a degree or certificate, please apply online.
Other things to know:
- MassBay admits students to our degree and certificate programs on a rolling basis. Online applications are typically processed in about a week, and we will contact you if we require any additional information.
- General requirements for admission to a degree or certificate program include a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or HiSET certificate, or completion of an approved home schooling program.
- Please attend an information session to learn about the admissions process for the program that interests you.
- A few of our programs do have a secondary selective admissions process — including most of our Health Sciences programs, all of our Automotive Technology programs, and our Direct Support Certificate. If the program you select has additional requirements, we will let you know.
- If you completed high school outside the United States, MassBay requires that your educational documents be evaluated by an educational evaluation agency such as the Center for Educational Documentation, World Education Services, or Education Credential Evaluators. Please send official copies of the evaluation to the Admissions Office. For information on how to send forms, see How to Submit Admissions Forms. To contact the MassBay Admissions office with questions, please call 781-239-2500 or email email@example.com.
- Official copies of college transcripts can also be submitted to the Admissions Office for consideration for transfer credit.
- Visit Next Steps for other important tasks you need to complete to start classes at MassBay.
High School Student interested in college coursework (“Dual Enrollment”)
International applicants must submit a general admissions application, and provide additional documentation required for the student visa process.
Complete instructions and information about the advantages of studying at MassBay are provided on our International Student pages.
Current or Returning MassBay Student
Current MassBay students changing their major — or adding a major — must meet with their advisor, who will review current and proposed programs to check for additional credits required. If the program you select has additional selective admissions requirements, attend a special information session for the program.
Returning MassBay students applying for readmission follow different admissions processes, depending on how long you have been away from MassBay. If you have been away from MassBay for less than two years you may not need to reapply. Try logging in to your BayNavigator account to see if you are still active in the system. If you need assistance, call the Office of Admissions: 781-239-2500
Other things to know:
- Changing your major may cause adjustments to tuition and fees, and corresponding financial aid and payment plans. More information is available in Student Accounts — Paying Your Bill.
- Students interested in selective Automotive or Health Sciences programs must meet additional admissions requirements, as well as additional medical certifications and background checks. For more information about the Health Sciences programs and admissions, see Selective Admissions for Health Sciences. To be considered for selective programs, the appropriate major is General Studies.
- If you know you are no longer an active student at MassBay, go ahead and use the MassBay online application to reapply. Use the New Applicant section, and indicate in the appropriate place that you are a “Readmit.” Online applications are typically processed in about aweek, and we will contact you if we require any additional information.