You are here
How to Apply
It's easy to get started. Choose one of the options below to learn more about the application or enrollment process best suited for you. If you have any questions at any time throughout the process, we're happy to help. Email us at email@example.com or call the Office of Admissions at 781-239-2500.
Which best describes you?
Just taking one or two classes for college credit
Just taking one or two classes for college credit
- There is no need to submit an application if you are planning to just take a few classes for college credit, without a plan to earn a degree from MassBay. You may simply choose a class and submit a MassBay Registration. Placement Testing is required before registering for a math or English class. Request assistance with signing up for Placement Testing.
- It is important to review our Tuition and Fees and payment information. Financial aid is not available for students who are not enrolled in a degree or certificate program. If you are a college student already, you cannot receive federal aid at more than one school: you are welcome to apply to transfer to MassBay but otherwise must pay out-of-pocket.
- If you would like assistance choosing a class, or if you need an advisor signature because the course you want to take has a pre-requisite, please visit an Academic Advisor in either Wellesley Hills or Framingham.
New or transfer student interested in earning a Degree or Certificate
New or Transfer Student interested in earning a Degree or Certificate
MassBay is an open enrollment community college and we admit students to our degree and certificate programs on a rolling basis. A few of our programs do have a secondary selective admissions process — including most of our Health Sciences programs, all of our Automotive Technology programs, and our Direct Support Certificate. Please attend an information session to learn about the admissions process for the program that interests you.
General requirements for admission to a degree or certificate program include a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or HiSET certificate, or completion of an approved home schooling program.
- If you are new to MassBay, or have taken some classes here and now want to pursue a degree or certificate, please use the MassBay online application. If the program you select has additional admissions requirements (example, health sciences), we will let you know. Online applications are typically processed in about a week, and we will contact you if we require any additional information.
- If you completed high school outside the United States, MassBay requires that your educational documents be evaluated by an educational evaluation agency such as the Center for Educational Documentation, World Education Services, or Education Credential Evaluators. Please send official copies of the evaluation to the Admissions Office. For information on how to send forms, see How to Submit Admissions Forms. To contact the MassBay Admissions office with questions, please call 781-239-2500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official copies of college transcripts can also be submitted to the Admissions Office for consideration for transfer credit.
- Visit Next Steps for other important tasks you need to complete to start classes at MassBay.
High School Student interested in college coursework (“Dual Enrollment”)
High School Student interested in taking college classes (“Dual Enrollment”)
- If you hope to have classes satisfy high school graduation requirements, or if you are under the age of 16, complete a Dual Enrollment Application.
- If you are over the age of 16 and simply wish to take a college class, you may choose a class and submit a MassBay Registration. Placement Testing is required before registering for a math or English class. Request assistance with signing up for Placement Testing. It is important to review our payment information.
MassBay has a large and thriving international student population. Applicants must submit a general admissions application, and provide additional documentation required for the student visa process. Complete instructions and information about the advantages of studying at MassBay are provided on our International Student pages.
Current or Returning MassBay Student
Current MassBay students changing their major must meet with their advisor, who will review current and proposed programs to check for additional credits required. Changing your major may cause adjustments to tuition and fees, and corresponding financial aid and payment plans. More information is available in Student Accounts - Paying Your Bill.
Students interested in selective Automotive or Health Sciences programs must meet additional admissions requirements, as well as additional medical certifications and background checks. For more information about the Health Sciences programs and admissions, see Selective Admissions for Health Sciences. To be considered for selective programs, the appropriate major is General Studies.
Current MassBay students adding a major must submit a new general admissions application.Create an account, and then complete and submit your general admissions application. If the program you select has additional selective admissions requirements we will let you know.
Returning MassBay students applying for readmission follow different admissions processes, depending on how long you have been away from MassBay. If you have been away from MassBay for less than two years you may not need to reapply. Try logging in to your BayNavigator account to see if you are still active in the system. If you need assistance, call the Office of Admissions: 781-239-2500.
If you know you are no longer an active student at MassBay, go ahead and use the MassBay online application to reapply. Use the New Applicant section, and indicate in the appropriate place that you are a “Readmit”. Online applications are typically processed in about a week, and we will contact you if we require any additional information.