For the incoming Fall 2024 PN Nursing class, MassBay will continue to accept two different admission exam scores (TEAS or HESI). For the incoming Fall 2023 ADN Nursing class, MassBay will only accept only the TEAS admission exam score.
This policy has been established to ensure a smooth admission process for all potential new ADN or PN nursing students. Review by the Program Admissions Committee will take place by March 1st. Additional testing option dates are January 2nd–May 15th. If seats are still available additional review will take place by May 30th.
In order to be considered for admission to the ADN program students must have all of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent, or associate degree or higher
- An overall GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Students must achieve passing scores on the ATI TEAS.
- Passing scores are defined as a minimum composite score of 63% and achievement of the following subtest scores for all categories:
- Reading: 69 or better
- Math: 67 or better
- Science: 50 or better
- English: 60 or better
- Students may repeat the test a total of two times within 12 months of taking the exam. Results are valid for three years.
In order to be considered for admission to the PN program students must have all of the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent, or Associate Degree or higher
- Completion of HESI or ATI TEAS
- HESI Admission (A2) exam score of 70% or better. A Student may take the HESI exam a total of 4 times. HESI exam scores are valid for one year, at which time the exam must be retaken.
- Students must achieve a passing score on the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills). A passing is defined: a minimum composite score of 60%. Students may repeat the TEAS test a total of two times within 12 months of taking the exam. Results are valid for three years. The most recent test results will be used for that admission cycle only.