WHO ARE WE?
We are professional learning specialists who support and engage MassBay’s diverse students from every department and program in developing as competent and self-confident academic readers and writers.
WHAT DO WE DO?
We hold individual conferences with student writers and readers. We focus on specific coursework and improvement of drafts at every stage of the writing process — from getting started with an assignment to revising a paper. After meeting with us, a student often improves in these areas:
- Setting challenging but achievable academic goals;
- Understanding a reading/writing assignment for any class;
- Separating an assignment into clear and manageable steps;
- Organizing and outlining ideas;
- Using ideas and notes to support planning or revising an essay;
- Examining sources and evidence to establish credibility and authority;
- Revising a paper for improved grammar, punctuation, or word choice;
- Developing effective reading and study skills;
- Becoming a more fluent writer as a non-native English speaker; and,
- Citing sources in MLA or APA format.
* Please call ahead to make an appointment.
Learning Specialist Schedule
Fall 2020 Meeting Schedule →
Join Zoom Meeting
Access Virtual Academic Achievement Center Here →
Call 781-239-2632 (Wellesley Hills) or 508-270-4213 (Framingham) or email email@example.com.
Links for writing support