WHO ARE WE?
We are professional learning specialists who support and engage MassBay’s diverse students from every department and program in developing as competent and self-confident academic readers and writers.
WHAT DO WE DO?
We hold individual conferences with student writers and readers. We focus on specific coursework and improvement of drafts at every stage of the writing process — from getting started with an assignment to revising a paper. After meeting with us, a student often improves in these areas:
- Setting challenging but achievable academic goals;
- Understanding a reading/writing assignment for any class;
- Separating an assignment into clear and manageable steps;
- Organizing and outlining ideas;
- Using ideas and notes to support planning or revising an essay;
- Examining sources and evidence to establish credibility and authority;
- Revising a paper for improved grammar, punctuation, or word choice;
- Developing effective reading and study skills;
- Becoming a more fluent writer as a non-native English speaker; and,
- Citing sources in MLA or APA format.
On Campus and Virtual appointments are available throughout the day. Our Learning Specialists are available for late evening remote appointments! See TracCloud to make an appointment or connect with us.
Wellesley Hills Campus:
Monday - 9am to 6pm
Tuesday - 9am to 9pm
Wednesday - 9am to 6pm
Thursday - 9am to 9pm
Friday - 9am to 5pm
Tuesday - 9am to 1pm
Wednesday - 9am to 1pm
Contact 781-239-2632 or email email@example.com.
Links for writing support