Congratulations and welcome to MassBay!
Felisitasyon epi Byenvini nan MassBay! (Kreyòl Ayisyen) Parabéns e seja bem-vindo a MassBay! (Português) ¡Felicitaciones, y nuestra más cordial bienvenida a MassBay! (Español)
5 Steps to Begin Your Future:
1Celebrate, Connect, and Visit
Once you receive your acceptance letter, share the news with your family and friends! Get to know the MassBay community by following us on Facebook:
and on Twitter:
Plan to visit campus during an Open House or Information Session by signing up at massbay.edu/infosessions
2Satisfy Our Placement Requirement
Placement in the appropriate level of English and math is an important foundational piece of your education. Please visit www.massbay.edu/placement-requirements to see what options you have for meeting this requirement. All students entering an Associate Degree program, and any student entering a certificate program that has a math or English requirement must satisfy the placement requirement. If you would benefit from accommodations, such as extended time or a reduced-distraction location, please email email@example.com
3Apply For Financial Aid
MassBay offers may sources of financial assistance to help you pay for college. In order to determine your eligibility, you must complete the Free Application for Fedreal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the school year you are planning to enroll at MassBay. The FAFSA is located online at fafsa.gov. Be sure to add MassBay Community College's Federal school code number: 002171.
Get help with the FAFSA when it is convenient for you on your cell phone! Our FAFSA experts at uAspire are standing by to help you start, complete, and submit your FAFSA. Simply text "MassBay" to 857-309-2942.
4Set Up Your MassBay Technology
Search your personal email inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, which is our Office of Information Technology (IT). If you can’t find the message, please check your spam/junk folders. The email will have your credentials (username and initial password) and instructions for activating your account in OneLogin.
Follow these instructions to set up you account: Setting up One Login Presentation
Sign Up For Classes
New students will be able to register for classes after attending an orientation session called SOAR (Student Orientation, Advising, & Registration). The SOAR Session is an essential learning experience to start your first year off right. At the SOAR you will be introduced to and work with current MassBay students, faculty and staff to become acclimated to the college, and learn about important college support services and resources. You will also meet with an academic advisor and learn how to register for classes.
There will be many sessions to choose from. However, you must satisfy the Placement Requirement before attending a SOAR session. For more information, including how to sign up, please visit the MassBay Student Orientation, Advising & Registration web page.
Note: Students entering the following programs must attend a program-specific orientation and should check with Admissions at 781-239-2500 or email@example.com before signing up for SOAR: Automotive Technology, Central Processing Technology, Computed Tomography, Emergency Medical Technician, Paramedicine and Phlebotomy. Students pursuing Nursing/Practical Nursing, Surgical Technology or Radiologic Technology should attend SOAR only if they will be taking pre-requisite courses at MassBay.
Other important things to know:
- All full-time students coming to campus who are under 30 years of age need to provide proof of certain vaccinations to the College. The easiest way to do this is to have your medical provider fill out the General Student, Non-Health Sciences form here . Please visit https://www.massbay.edu/immunization for additional information.
- Payment is due when you register for classes. Payment may be made online through your student account or you may set up a payment plan.
- Take care of your health insurance. If you register for nine or more credits, you will be charged for health insurance at MassBay. This fee may be waived if you are covered under another health insurance plan.
- Find all of your MassBay computer and online tools in the Student Technology Tutorial.
- Check your MassBay email frequently for updates.
- Purchase text books for your classes.
- If you lack the equipment to access the internet for meetings, classes or the library, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org about a possible Chromebook loan.