Emergency Medical Services Programs
MassBay Disaster Training Day
MassBay’s Emergency Medical Services (EMS) education programs are designed to prepare students for careers in prehospital emergency medicine. The EMS Department offers the following programs:
Emergency Medical Services Interim Program Director
Dean of Health Sciences Lynne David, Ed.D.
New classes start every semester! EMT options include Days (T/W/R 8-noon) and Evenings (M/T/W 6-10pm). Paramedic cohorts start in Fall (Day option) and Spring (Evening option.)
See our Course Offerings to verify dates, times and sections.
The mission of MassBay’s EMS educational programs is to train and educate emergency medical professionals to excel in meeting the needs of the community they serve.
- Prepare students for employment in the field of out-of-hospital emergency medical services.
- Provide community outreach in assisting others to achieve personal and academic goals.
- Maintain external accreditation for certificate programs.
- Increase the number of underrepresented students in the program
- Commit to the philosophy of student first in teaching and service.
- Engage in community service activities.
EMT Student Learning Outcomes
Paramedicine Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will successfully complete the program
- Students will pass the NREMT certification on the first attempt.
- Graduates will be gainfully employed within 6 months post-graduation.
The Paramedicine Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
The EMT and Paramedicine Programs are accredited by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS).
Office of Emergency Medical Services
99 Chauncy Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02111
Telephone: (617) 753-7300
Fax: (617) 753-7320
Students who successfully complete a MassBay EMS Education program will be eligible:
Please attend an upcoming EMS program information session or open house. You can access the schedule here.
Contact Admissions at email@example.com or call 781-239-2500.
Questions? We are here to help!