Traditional Dual Enrollment & Partner High School Dual Enrollment Program
Term Start Date: Fall 2020
Application Deadline: EXTENDED to August 21, 2020
Semester Start Date: September 8, 2020
We are sorry, but we are no longer accepting Dual Enrollment applications for the fall semester. High school students may still enroll for fall classes starting either September 8 or November 2 by visiting www.massbay.edu/courses-for-high-school-students
Term Start Date: Spring 2021
Application Deadline: December 18, 2020
Semester Start Date: January 19, 2021
New: Fall Courses for High School Students
Traditional Dual Enrollment at Massachusetts Bay Community College (MassBay) allows qualified high school and home school students to enroll in college courses. Participating students may (with permission of local school or district) receive college and high school credits for their course work. As a Dual Enrollment student, one may register for a full-time or part-time schedule.
Partner High School Dual Enrollment is a special dual enrollment program offered using Commonwealth Dual Enrollment Program (CDEP) funding for participating high schools and is free for those students who qualify and participate. The partner schools are Natick High School, Keefe Technical High School, and Framingham High School. If you attend one of these partner schools the college courses are predetermined in consultation with the High School and offered in a cohort delivery method.
- Candidate must be a Massachusetts resident.
- Candidate must be a currently enrolled in grade 9–12 in a Massachusetts public secondary school or non-public school, including home school.
- Candidate must submit the Dual Enrollment Application and Agreement.
- Candidate must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4-point scale.
- Candidate must take MassBay placement tests and place into college level math and/or English courses (100-level math class and EN 101 or higher for English). May not be required for Partner High School Dual Enrollment—please check with your guidance counselor.
- Candidate must enroll in college-level courses.
ENROLLMENT PROCESS OVERVIEW:
- Complete and submit MassBay dual enrollment application and agreement by the published deadline.
- Take placement testing at MassBay (Required for all Traditional Dual Enrollment students)
- Make an appointment to meet with Dual Enrollment Coordinator at MassBay
- Review test scores
- Select classes (students must meet appropriate course pre-requisites)
- Register for class(es)
- Pay Tuition and Fees (Partner High School Dual Enrollment will be covered by CDEP funding)
- Purchase text books
- Begin Classes
- Submit grades to your high school at the end of the semester.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA at MassBay.
Traditional Dual Enrollment students will be charged standard MassBay tuition and fees. Students are responsible for paying tuition and fees in advance of the start of each semester, and must comply with standard payment policies of the College.