You are here

Dual Enrollment Courses in Greater Boston

MassBay offers a variety of ways for high school students (grades 9-12) to engage in college coursework. Over 100 students take advantage of this opportunity every year. Any student age 16 or older may take any course they have met the requirements for as an enrichment opportunity that also provides college credit that is transferrable. Each semester we recommend courses for high school students which we have found help students explore new areas, build specific skills or further develop an interest. Students over 16 taking MassBay courses for enrichment use our standard registration form. Students who wish to use college courses to satisfy high school graduation requirements may do so with the permission of their high school (or home school plan) through Dual Enrollment.
The application deadlines for Dual Enrollment are as follows:

Term: Spring 2024 | Application Deadline: January 5, 2024 | Semester Start Date: January 16, 2024

Term: Summer 2024 | Application Deadline: May 10, 2024 | Semester Start Date: May 20, 2024

Term: Fall 2024 | Application Deadline: August 19, 2024 | Semester Start Date: September 3, 2024

Courses for High School Students

Traditional Dual Enrollment at Massachusetts Bay Community College (MassBay) allows qualified high school and home school students to enroll in college courses. Participating students may (with permission of local school or district) receive college and high school credits for their course work. As a Dual Enrollment student, you may register for a full-time or part-time schedule.  Questions about Traditional Dual Enrollment?  Contact Luz Castro,, 508-270-4020.

Partner High School Dual Enrollment is a special dual enrollment program offered using Commonwealth Dual Enrollment Program (CDEP) funding for participating high schools and is free for those students who qualify and participate. The partner schools are Bellingham, Framingham, Hopkinton, Keefe Technical, Natick and Needham High Schools. If you attend one of these partner schools the college courses are predetermined in consultation with the High School and offered in a cohort delivery method.  Questions about Partner High School Dual Enrollment? Please have your school counselor contact MassBay at

  1. Candidate must be a Massachusetts resident.
  2. Candidate must be currently enrolled in grade 9–12 in a Massachusetts public secondary school or non-public school, including home school.
  3. Candidate must submit the Dual Enrollment Application and Agreement. See below.
  4. Candidate must have at least a 2.5 cumulative high school GPA on a 4-point scale.
  5. Candidate must take MassBay placement tests and place into college level math and English courses (with course numbers 100 or higher). May not be required for Partner High School Dual Enrollment—please check with your guidance counselor.
  6. Candidate must enroll in college-level courses.
  7. Candidates enrolling in 9 or more credits in a semester must meet our immunization requirements in order to attend on-campus classes.
  8. Candidate must submit the Dual Enrollment Application and Agreement

MassBay Dual Enrollment Application 2024-2025 →

  1. Complete and submit MassBay dual enrollment application and agreement by the published deadline.
    MassBay Dual Enrollment Application 2024-2025 →
  2. Take placement testing at MassBay (Required for all Traditional Dual Enrollment students)
  3. Make an appointment to meet with Dual Enrollment Coordinator at MassBay
    • Review test scores
    • Select classes (students must meet appropriate course pre-requisites)
    • Register for class(es)
  4. Pay Tuition and Fees (Partner High School Dual Enrollment will be covered by CDEP funding)
  5. Purchase text books
  6. Begin Classes
  7. Submit grades to your high school at the end of the semester
  8. Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA at MassBay

Traditional Dual Enrollment students will be charged standard MassBay tuition and fees. Students are responsible for paying tuition and fees in advance of the start of each semester, and must comply with standard payment policies of the College. Students living in Bellingham, Framingham, Hopkinton, Natick or Needham may have an opportunity to take a free class through their high school guidance office.  Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.


Dual Enrollment students may take any class for which they have met the requirements. Our course listing is generally published a few months in advance of the start of the semester.

Each semester we highlight a handful of courses that might be particularly well-suited for high school students:

Courses for High School Students