I am outside the USA and want to apply for an F-1 student visa.
Fall Semester (September): July 15
Spring Semester (January): December 20
- Completed Massachusetts Bay Community College Application, which you may complete online using this MassBay Secure Online Application.
- Evidence that you have graduated from high school in your country. MassBay may be able to evaluate your educational documentation for US high school equivalency: email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a review. If we are unable to make a determination, we will require that you have your educational documents evaluated by an educational evaluation agency such as the Center for Educational Documentation, World Education Services, Education Credential Evaluators,Spantran, or any agency approved in Massachusetts.
- English language proficiency: You must demonstrate English language proficiency by any of these methods:
- Accuplacer English placement into ESL IV or higher. This assessment is free and available online through MassBay. Email email@example.com to obtain an ID number for taking the Accuplacer.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 68 or higher.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher.
- SATs are not required. If you have taken the SAT and have obtained a score of 450 or higher on the Critical Reading section of the SAT, then no additional proof of language proficiency is required.
- TOEFL/IELTS is not required if you are a native English speaker and have attended an international high school where English is the language of instruction.
- If you have passed Freshman English at another US college or university with a grade of C- or higher, then no additional proof of language proficiency is required.
- I-20 Request Form.
- Certification of Financial Responsibility.
- Bank statement showing that you have $24,000 available to support your stay in the US.
- Bank statement must be on official bank letterhead (no photocopies).
- Bank statement must be dated within six months of your first MassBay semester.
- Your funding may be in any currency.
- You may submit statements from more than one bank account.
- Letter of financial support from your sponsor(s).
- The person, company, or agency on the bank statement must declare financial support for your studies at Massachusetts Bay Community College. Sample LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
- Photocopy of your passport.
Note: Prior to enrollment at MassBay we will require a copy of your medical immunization records translated into English, but this is not required prior to admission to the college.