What is MassReconnect?
MassReconnect was approved in the Massachusetts FY'24 budget and funds free community college for adults 25 and older who do not already have a college degree. Funds will be available to eligible students beginning in the Fall semester, 2023.
Who is eligible?
Massachusetts residents 25 years of age or older can take advantage of this opportunity to earn an associate degree or certificate for free at any of the Commonwealth's 15 public community colleges.
Eligible individuals must:
- Be 25 or older on the first day of classes, September 5, 2023
- Have been a permanent legal resident* of the Commonwealth for at least one year at start of the enrolled term
- Have not previously received an associate or bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Enroll in at least six credits per semester in an approved program of study leading to an associate degree or certificate
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress according to the college's requirements
- Complete the '23 - '24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
*A permanent legal resident is a US citizen, Permanent Resident (green-card holder) or a person who qualifies for Title IV Federal funding. Students on F or J visas are not permanent legal residents.
What is covered under MassReconnect?
Tuition and fees are covered, and students will receive an allowance for books and supplies.
If I am interested in MassReconnect, what are my next steps?
1. Apply to MassBay.
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
MassBay FAFSA and FAFSA help information →
3. Submit your contact information so we can send you further information and next steps: MassReconnect Information Request.
Contact MassBay Admissions at: email@example.com, or (781) 239-2500.
Recipients who are later determined to be ineligible for MassReconnect may be billed for disbursed funds.