You are here

Transfer International Student

I am an international transfer student, I have an F-1 student visa from another school and I want to transfer to MassBay.

Application Deadlines

Fall Semester (September): August 15

Spring Semester (January): January 5

Application Requirements

  1. Completed Massachusetts Bay Community College Application. You may complete the fillable PDF application online, or print the application and send it to MassBay’s Office of Admissions:
    • by post to MassBay Office of Admissions, 50 Oakland Street, Wellesley Hills MA 02481 USA
    • by email to
  2. Evidence that you have graduated from high school in your country. MassBay Community College requires that you have your educational documents evaluated by an educational evaluation agency such as the Center for Educational Documentation, World Education Services, Education Credential Evaluators, or Spantran.
  3. English language proficiency: If you are currently in the USA, you may demonstrate English language proficiency by taking an English Language Placement Test (Accuplacer) at MassBay Community College.
    You may also demonstrate English language proficiency by any of these methods:
    • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 68 or higher.
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher.
    • SATs are not required. If you have taken the SAT and have obtained a score of 450 or higher on the Critical Reading section of the SAT, then no additional proof of language proficiency is required.
    • TOEFL/IELTS is not required if you are a native English speaker and have attended an international high school where English is the language of instruction. 
    • If you have passed Freshman English at another US college or university with a grade of C- or higher, then no additional proof of language proficiency is required.

Visa Requirements

  1. I-20 Request Form.
  2. Certification of Financial Responsibility.
  3. Bank statement showing that you have $24,000 available to support your stay in the US.
    • Bank statement must be on official bank letterhead (no photocopies).
    • Bank statement must be dated within six months of your first MassBay semester.
    • Your funding may be in any currency.
    • You may submit statements from more than one bank account.
  4. Letter of financial support from your sponsor(s).
    • The person, company, or agency on the bank statement must declare financial support for your studies at Massachusetts Bay Community College. Sample LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
  5. Transfer Form – To be completed by the International Student Advisor at your current school.
  6. Photocopy of your passport.
  7. Photocopy of your current I-20.
  8. Photocopy of your I-94 Arrival/Departure Card.

How will my F-1 student visa be transferred to MassBay?

Once you have been admitted to MassBay Community College, you will take your MassBay letter of acceptance to the International Student Advisor at your current school. Your current school will then transfer your SEVIS record to MassBay.