International Student Change of Status: I am in the USA on a non-immigrant visa and want to change my status and obtain an F-1 student visa.
Fall Semester (September): August 15
Spring Semester (January): January 5
- Completed Massachusetts Bay Community College Application. You may print the application and send it to MassBay’s Office of Admissions
- by fax to 781-239-2508
- by post to MassBay Office of Admissions, 50 Oakland Street, Wellesley Hills MA 02481 USA
- by email to email@example.com
- Evidence that you have graduated from high school in your country. MassBay Community College requires that you have your educational documents evaluated by an educational evaluation agency such as the Center for Educational Documentation, World Education Services, or Education Credential Evaluators.
- English language proficiency: If you are currently in the USA, you may demonstrate English language proficiency by taking an English Language Placement Test (Accuplacer) at MassBay Community College.
You may also demonstrate English language proficiency by any of these methods:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 68 or higher.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of 6.0 or higher.
- SATs are not required. If you have taken the SAT and have obtained a score of 450 or higher on the Critical Reading section of the SAT, then no additional proof of language proficiency is required.
- TOEFL/IELTS is not required if you are a native English speaker and have attended an international high school where English is the language of instruction.
- If you have passed Freshman English at another US college or university with a grade of C- or higher, then no additional proof of language proficiency is required.
- I-20 Request Form.
- Certification of Financial Responsibility.
- Bank statement showing that you have $21,600 available to support your stay in the US.
- Bank statement must be on official bank letterhead (no photocopies).
- Bank statement must be dated within six months of your first MassBay semester.
- Your funding may be in any currency.
- You may submit statements from more than one bank account.
- Letter of financial support from your sponsor(s).
- The person, company, or agency on the bank statement must declare financial support for your studies at Massachusetts Bay Community College. Sample LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
- Photocopy of your passport.
- Photocopy of your I-94 Arrival/Departure Card.
- Photocopy of your DS-2019 if you have a J-1 visa.