You are here

Transcript Evaluation for Transfer Credit

The Academic Advising Center at MassBay Community College performs Transfer Credit Evaluations for incoming Transfer Students. If you will be a new MassBay student enrolling in one of our degree or certificate programs and wish to apply credit from another college(s) towards your major, please note the process for Transfer Credit Evaluation at MassBay:

  • You must be accepted to the college and have a declared major (degree or certificate program).
  • Request an official  ranscript from the registrars of all institutions, or the military, that you previously attended for which you wish to transfer credit.
  • Submit the official transcript(s) to MassBay for Transfer Credit Evaluation in one of three ways:

1. You may have transcript(s) mailed (in a sealed envelope) to:

MassBay Community College
Office of the Registrar
50 Oakland Street
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481-5307

2. You may drop transcript(s) off in the sealed envelope to either the Wellesley Hills or Framingham campus at the Office of the Registrar.

3. You may have transcript(s) sent electronically directly from the previous institution/school to the Office of the Registrar (

  • You should submit official transcript(s) at least six (6) weeks prior to the time that you wish to register for upcoming classes to ensure credit is evaluated and posted prior to registration.
  • Once courses have been officially approved and transferred, they will appear on your MassBay transcript and you will also receive a letter from the Advising Center informing you as to which of your courses transferred in.

Policies Regarding Transfer of Courses include:

  • MassBay only accepts transfer credit from regionally accredited colleges or universities.
  • MassBay accepts military credit from the American Council on Education as it applies to your choice of major.
  • Credits may be transferred in only if they apply to your current major on record, and/or fulfill requirements in the MassTransfer Block.
  • You must have earned a grade of “C-” or better in the course(s) for which you are requesting transfer credit.
  • MassBay will not accept Pass/Fail coursework for transfer credit.
  • A maximum of 75% of the total credits within the degree or certificate program may be earned by transfer credit.
  • Transferred Science and Computer Science courses must have been taken within the last five (5) years.
  • Foreign documents must be translated and evaluated by a credible agency, such as the Center for Educational Documentation (
  • Credit that is accepted according to general college policy is not necessarily acceptable for specific programs of study. This is particularly true in instances where program transfer limits and/or minimum grade requirements are in effect, such as the Health Professions Programs.
  • The college reserves the right to refuse recognition for courses that were taken more than ten years prior to the date that students apply for transfer.
  • Coursework must be represented in credit hours (clock hours will not be converted to MassBay credit hours).
  • For the full policy please refer to the "Transfer Credit Information & Policies" section under "Academic Information" in the current College Catalog