I am interested in a Federal Work Study (FWS) position. What is next?
- Apply for financial aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa.
- Log on to Bay Navigator and check your “To do List.” Your “To Do List” will confirm your FWS eligibility. If you are unsure, contact the Financial Aid Office and confirm your FWS eligibility.
- If you are eligible, then you may search and apply for open positions on MassBay Job Portal. The supervisor listed on the job description will contact you for an interview. The supervisor must determine that your background and your schedule is a good match.
- Once the supervisor agrees to hire you then you will be required to submit the completed Federal Work Study Agreement.
- If you are a new hire, you are also required to complete and submit to the Student Employment Office your hiring paperwork.
- You must provide original documentation that proves you are eligible to work in the United States. The identification documents are listed on the I-9 section of your new hire paperwork. You cannot work at this time.
Please allow 1 week for us to complete your on boarding process. Once the process is completed, you will receive a confirmation from your supervisor.
I am hired, how do I report hours?
You will report your hours worked each week through the state’s payroll system https://www.mass.gov/employee-self-service. Be sure to report your hours on time — every Friday at 12:00PM or earlier. Reporting hours late may result in your pay being delayed.
Please contact the Student Employment Office for any questions or concerns.