I am interested in a Federal Work Study (FWS) position. What is next?
- Apply for financial aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov
- Contact the Financial Aid Office and confirm your FWS eligibility. If you are eligible, you will receive the Federal Work Study Authorization Application for you and your future supervisor to complete.
- Then you may search for open positions at www.massbay.edu/finance/fws/federal-work-study-jobs. Contact the supervisor listed on the job description for a potential interview. The supervisor must determine that your background and your schedule is a good match.
- Once the supervisor agrees to hire you then you will be required to submit the completed Federal Work Study Authorization Application to the Financial Aid Office.
- The Financial Aid Counselor will sign and confirm the Federal Work Study Authorization Application. You must provide original documentation that proves you are eligible to work in the United States. The identification documents are listed on the I-9 section of your Federal Work Study Authorization Application. You cannot work at this time.
- Please allow 1 week for us to process your Federal Work Study Authorization Application. Once the process is completed, you will receive a confirmation from the Financial Aid Office. At this time, you may begin working.
I am hired, how do I report hours?
You will report your hours worked each week through the state’s payroll system www.mass.gov/employee-self-service. Be sure to report your hours on time – every Friday at 12:00PM or earlier. Reporting hours late may result in your pay being delayed.
Please contact the financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.