You are here

Obtain College Credits for Your Service

MassBay’s VALOR Act Academic Credit Evaluation Policy

In accordance with the VALOR ACT, Massachusetts Bay Community College evaluates credit earned for military education, training, experience, or coursework using the same standards as those applied to coursework from accredited colleges and universities. Massachusetts Bay Community College reviews all military transcripts and discharge documents (DD214), including SMART, ACE, and AARTS, as well as CLEP and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests in accordance with college policies for transferability of credit to the student’s intended major or program of study. Such evaluation shall be in accordance with existing Mass Transfer agreement policies. Students shall receive accurate and complete academic counseling from the Veterans’ Coordinator in collaboration with the Academic Advising Center.

Obtain College Credits for Your Service

Students who are active service members or veterans may be eligible to receive MassBay credits due to their military education and experience, as it applies to their choice of associate degree or certificate.

Request that your military transcript is sent to Massbay to determine if your service and experience can be turned into college credits.


Most Veterans and active service members are eligible to use their service branches transcript program.  However, if the JST or CCAF credits are not available, the member should provide a DD-214 Discharge Document to receive credit for their experience based upon data in blocks 11, 14, and 18.

Request DD-214 Discharge Document →