The mission of the Radiologic Technology Program at MassBay Community College is to provide a quality learning environment that will produce competent and compassionate, qualified professionals for the entry level practice of Radiologic Technology.
Through competency-based learning, the Radiologic Technology Program provides a strong didactic curriculum as well as laboratory and clinical education experiences, to ensure practical skill development of performance and professional standards that will contribute to the needs of the healthcare community.
Goal 1: Students will be clinically competent.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate patient care skills.
- Students will practice effective radiation protection on patients, self, and others.
Goal 2: Students will communicate effectively.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication.
Goal 3: Students will apply effective critical thinking.
- Students will be able to critique the radiographic image for positioning quality.
- Students will be able to critique the radiographic image for technical quality.
Goal 4: Students will model professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate a professional and respectful attitude to patients and others.
- Students will exhibit professionalism working as part of the healthcare team.
- Students will successfully complete the program.
- Students will pass the ARRT national certification exam on the first attempt.
- Graduates will be gainfully employed within 12 months post-graduation.
Admission to the Radiologic Technology program is competitive. Students seeking admission to the Radiologic Technology Program will be evaluated by GPA and total number of college-level credits completed at MassBay. Once the selected students have met the minimum requirements of GPA, admission is based on a core GPA point ranking system. Though core sciences courses can be taken concurrently, consideration will be given to students who have already completed all core science courses as well as college level algebra. Priority for admission is given to current MassBay students and to those applicants having the highest point rating (core GPA) of the core science classes.
How to Apply
STEP 1: SUBMIT A GENERAL ADMISSIONS APPLICATION TO MASSBAY
- If this is your first time applying to MassBay please complete and submit a MassBay General Admissions Application https://www.massbay.edu/admissions/how-to-apply. If you are a current or former student, please check with the Office of Admissions prior to submitting a new MassBay General Admissions Application.
- Select your intended major as Radiologic Technology.
- Upon acceptance into MassBay, you will be admitted as a General Health Sciences student working toward meeting the admission requirements. All Health Sciences students must meet their intended major’s admission requirements to be considered for admission into the program.
STEP 2: ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION
STEP 3: COMPLETE ALL RT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must also meet all other required course prerequisites for the program. Minimum eligibility for admissions to this program includes:
- High School diploma or equivalent, or Associate Degree or higher
- MassBay Placement into Freshman English I (EN 101) or completion of Fundamentals of Composition II (EN 098) with a grade of C or higher.
- MassBay Placement into College Algebra (MA 102)/Pre-Calculus Mathematics (MA 104) or completion of Intermediate Algebra (MA 098) with a grade of C or higher
- Successful completion of Reading Assessment Test with a score of 246 or higher
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
20N Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-2901
The continuing accreditation status of the program was evaluated according to the Standards for an Accredited Educational Program in Radiography (2019). The JRCERT awards: ACCREDITATION FOR A PERIOD OF FIVE YEARS. The next site visit is scheduled for 2024.