The mission of the Radiologic Technology Program at MassBay Community College is to provide a quality learning environment that will produce competent and compassionate, qualified professionals for the entry level practice of Radiologic Technology.
Through competency-based learning, the Radiologic Technology Program provides a strong didactic curriculum as well as laboratory and clinical education experiences, to ensure practical skill development of performance and professional standards that will contribute to the needs of the healthcare community.
Goal 1: Students will be clinically competent.
- Students will determine appropriate technical factors for use during routine examinations
- Students will demonstrate exam specific competency in patient positioning.
Goal 2: Students will demonstrate effective communication
- Students will communicate effectively with patients and others, while showing respect for individual values and beliefs.
- Students will demonstrate competency in written communication skills.
Goal 3: Students will apply effective critical thinking and problem-solving strategies.
- Students will be able to identify and correct positional errors on images.
- Students will demonstrate the relationship between technical factors and image quality.
Goal 4: Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate a professional and respectful attitude to patients and others.
- Students will develop the habit of lifelong learning.
Goal 5: Graduates will contribute to the needs of the healthcare community
- Students will successfully complete the program.
- Graduates will successfully pass the ARRT national certification exam.
- Graduates will be gainfully employed in radiography and related imaging modalities.
The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
20N Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, IL 60606-2901
The continuing accreditation status of the program was evaluated according to the Standards for an Accredited Educational Program in Radiography (2019). The JRCERT awards: ACCREDITATION FOR A PERIOD OF FIVE YEARS. The next site visit is scheduled for 2024.