We are excited that you have selected
MassBay Community College!
Congratulations on taking the first step to further your education! We hope to ease your transition into the MassBay community for both you and your family and look forward to meeting you at Orientation! The goal of MassBay’s Orientation is to provide you with the tools you need to succeed.
New Student Orientation is an essential learning experience to start your first year off right. First-time college students are required to participate in orientation to help ensure their academic success. Transfer and returning students are highly encouraged to participate in orientation to learn about MassBay processes, services and resources.
As MassBay continues to manage and anticipate the impact of COVID-19 and necessary social distancing measures, we have made the decision to move all in-person Spring 2021 Student Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR) Sessions to a remote format.
While we are disappointed that we will be unable to welcome new students and their families through our typical on-campus orientation experience, we believe the health and safety of our incoming students and their families is of utmost importance.
The SOAR team has created a virtual orientation process that will ensure a smooth transition to MassBay. It is our commitment to create a supportive and interactive platform that will give our new students the tools and resources necessary to be a successful MassBay student.
Thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we all navigate these uncharted waters.
Click here to Visit our family resources page
There are a few things you need to do BEFORE orientation:
COMPLETE ADMISSIONS PAPERWORK:
- Complete the online college application.
- Submit a high school diploma or final transcript, GED or HiSET certificate, or completion of a school district-approved home schooling program. If you have an associate degree or higher, you may submit your college diploma or final transcript. Note that education documents from countries outside of the US must be evaluated by a credential evaluation company such as SpanTran, WES, or CED. Please email the Office of Admissions at email@example.com if you have questions about this requirement.
FULFILL THE MATH & ENGLISH PLACEMENT REQUIREMENT:
There are a few ways to do this:
- If you earned a 2.7 cumulative GPA or higher in high school, you will need to submit your high school transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the placement (there is a 3 year expiration for Math and 10 expiration for English).
- If you have taken the SAT or ACT test in the last 5 years, you will need to submit your scores to email@example.com to complete the placement.
- If you have previously completed college-level coursework in English and/or Math, you will need to submit your unofficial college transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if you need to take the Placement Test or not. (Please note: If you have completed any college-level coursework at another institution, you may be also be eligible to receive transfer credit. Please submit your official college transcripts to the Registrar's Office email@example.com.)
- Take the Placement Test. Register to the take the Math and/or English Placement Test Here.
SET-UP YOUR MASSBAY USERNAME AND PASSWORD IN ONELOGIN:
Once you have completed your admissions paperwork, you should receive an email to your personal email address from our Office of Information Technology (IT) with your credentials and instructions for activating your account in OneLogin.
For help or questions with this process, please contact the IT Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-239-2440
Now that you have completed those IMPORTANT steps, you are ready to start the Orientation Process!
There are 3 steps to the Orientation Experience:
1. LAUNCH POINT: Your Pre-Orientation Online Course
Click HERE to access the course!
2. The Virtual SOAR Event
Spring 2021: Sign-up link (green bar) & dates are below
3. One-on-one Academic Advising & Course Registration
More details will be provided at SOAR.
The Virtual SOAR EVENT
Is a 2 hour long live event on Zoom. During that event, you will:
- Meet and socialize with fellow NEW MassBay students as well as current MassBay students, faculty, and staff
- Learn about MassBay’s technology, including your email, student account, and classroom tools.
- Learn about the extracurricular and leadership opportunities available to you
- Receive tips for academic success
- Be introduced to a wide range of support services and resources
At the end of the SOAR Event, you will schedule a time to meet one-on-one with an Academic Advisor to:
- Explore your academic, career, and transfer goals
- Plan your first semester schedule & register for courses
Please note: New students pursuing seats in selective Health Science and Automotive programs have special requirements, if you are pursuing any of the following programs, please contact the Office of Admissions at 508-280-4059 or 781-239-2506 regarding orientation requirements for your program:
- General Motors
- Central Processing
- Computed Tomography
- Emergency Medicine
- Nursing/Practical Nursing
- Radiological Technology
- Surgical Technology
Spring 2021 dates Currently Available for sign-up:
- Friday, January 15, 2021 | 9-11am | Zoom
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021 | 9-11am | Zoom*
*PLEASE NOTE: This is the last orientation for Spring 2021 and is AFTER classes start on January 19th, so IF possible it would be best to attend on the 15th).
Click HERE to sign-up for a spring 2021 SOAR date
For Automotive Orientation: Please call 781-239-2500
For Central Processing & Phlebotomy Orientation: Please call 508-270-4059
For EMT and Paramedicine Orientation: Please call 508-270-4059
*To register for pre-requisites for Nursing, Practical Nursing, Radiological Technology, or Surgical Technology, please attend New Student Orientation at one of the dates above.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations in order to fully participate in this event, please contact an Accessibility Specialist, at 781-239-2234, between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. If you get a voicemail, please leave your name and number slowly and clearly. A specialist will call you back. Please know requests should be made as soon as possible prior to the event.
make sure you ALSO take care of these items:
- Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
2. Learn more about your MassBay Academy
3. Start to gather your Immunization Records
For questions contact:
Julie Schleicher | Coordinator of Student Engagement & Orientation
email@example.com | 781-239-3053