The IRB is a College-wide Board whose members are appointed from the faculty and the staff, with up to two external members appointed by the President or his designee. It is a committee with requisite diversity in terms of disciplines and demographic characteristics. Its members have the knowledge and experience needed to make judgments about research protocols and the protection of human subjects. Below are the current members of MassBay’s IRB.
- Kim Altavesta, Assistant Professor/Clinical Coordinator EMS Program
- Linda Grisham, Director, Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology Innovation
- Brian Jones, External Member
- Anu Meacham, Assistant Director Math and Science Center
- Timothy Rivard, Director of Learning Services
- Courtney Jackson, Chief Strategic Planning and Institutional Effectiveness Officer
- Christiane Turnheim, Faculty, Psychology