Transfer Advising at MassBay Community College

Welcome to the Transfer Advising Website!  

Transfer Advising

MassBay Community College is committed to assisting students in furthering their education beyond the Associate Degree. Transfer Advising (located in Academic Advising) has great resources to assist students make informed choices regarding their academic plan. Our goal is to make your transition to another institution as smooth as possible.

 Please explore our site by clicking the corresponding links to the right.

People are Talking About MassBay

Hear what UMass-Boston Chancellor J.Keith Motley has to say!

Understand your transfer options in this MassBay Live discussion featuring Bryan Wint, Coordinator of Transfer Affairs at MassBay

Student Transfer Guide

All students planning to transfer from MassBay are asked to read the Student Transfer Guide. This booklet will explain all aspects of the transfer process including, selecting a major, comparing / review of academic curriculum, maximizing transfer credit, transfer programs, application questions and most importantly, what to do after receiving an acceptance letter.

To download the Student Transfer Guide, please click here

Common Application Instructions

The Common Application now requires all students to complete their application online. For the benefit of our students, Transfer Advising has created a step-by-step guide to walk applicants through the application. Download and review this document. if you have any further questions contact us at

Transfer Workshops

All students interested in transferring to another school are instructed to attend a transfer workshop early in their academic career at MassBay. During the workshop, students will learn how to ensure they are selecting appropriate courses for transfer, general information about the transfer process and transfer programs, as well as have an opportunity to ask questions directly with a Transfer Counselor.

Students must attend a workshop first, before seeking an individual appointment with a Transfer Counselor.