Your dreams. Our mission.
Student Orientation Advising & Registration (SOAR)
SOAR (Student Orientation Advising & Registration) will provide you with the tools you need to succeed at MassBay.
As part of the enrollment process, all new students will participate in SOAR. Every student has unique needs, so we have designed a SOAR process that will meet YOUR specific goals as a student at MassBay!
However, no matter what your goal is at MassBay, we strongly recommend that all new students attend an Orientation as part of the SOAR Process. When you attend a New Student Orientation, you are taking an important step in your academic journey. Starting off on the right track is the best way to ensure success as a MassBay student.
Why should I attend an Orientation?
At the New Student Orientation you will:
At the New Student Orientation you will meet:
- Explore your academic, career, and transfer goals with MassBay Academic Advisors and faculty
- Plan your first semester schedule, register for courses, and get your MassBay student ID
- Become familiar with MassBay’s technology, including your email, student account, and classroom tools
- Learn about the extracurricular and leadership opportunities available to you
- Be introduced to a wide range of support services
After attending the New Student Orientation, you will:
- MassBay Faculty and Staff, including Academic, Career and Transfer Counselors
- Orientation Leaders (current students)
- Fellow NEW MassBay students
What is My SOAR Process?For all new students, the first step in the SOAR process is to complete your Placement Testing.If you have already completed your Placement Testing, find out which SOAR process is best for you!
- Have your printed schedule for your first semester
- Have your ONE Card student ID
- Know how to log into your MassBay E-mail, BlackBoard, and PeopleSoft student account to pay your tuition, change your schedule, and view your grades
- Be able to identify all of the resources available to you at MassBay
- Be confident in beginning your first semester at MassBay
- Have a plan for success!
View our SOAR Video: AcademicAdvice from Students for Students
*Please note you will need a photo ID to conduct any and all business on campus*
View our SOAR Video: Academic Advice from Students for Students