You are here
How to Apply for Financial Aid
At MassBay, we are committed to helping every students access a college education with as little debt as possible, regardless of your financial status. Our Financial Aid Office helps administer federal and state financial aid, which include scholarships, work study, and low-interest loans, for eligible students.
Applying for Financial Aid
We encourage all students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (Español). The FAFSA is used to determine your eligibility for federal and state financial aid. Be sure to list "MassBay Community College" and our federal school code number: 002171, in the College Release Section. If you would prefer to complete a paper FAFSA, you may obtain a copy at the Financial Aid Office or you may request a copy by calling the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
While you can file the FAFSA at any time, the priority deadline for the academic year is May 1. This means that if you complete your FAFSA on or before May 1, your eligibility will be reviewed for all types of federal and state aid. Adhering to this deadline ensures the best possible financial aid package for which you are eligible. Your are still strongly encouraged to fill out a FAFSA even after May 1. There are several types of federal and state aid available to students throughout the academic year.
Please note: As the billing due date approaches, it may be necessary for you to sign up for a payment plan while waiting for your financial aid to be processed. Review of financial aid eligibility may take as many as 6–8 weeks from the time that your FAFSA is complete.
How Your Financial Aid Administrator Can Help You
You must meet the following criteria to be considered for financial aid:
- You must complete an Admissions Application and be accepted into a financial aid-eligible program. Please note that undeclared majors are not eligible for financial aid.
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or can prove equivalency of a high school diploma.
- Have a completed financial aid application as outlined above.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible U.S. resident.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Register with selective service if you are a male aged 18-25. To check your status or to register, visit Selective Service System.
- Not be in default with a Federal Loan or owe an overpayment to a Federal Student Assistance program.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Not have been convicted of a state or federal drug offense within the limits established by the U.S. Department of Education.
At MassBay we’re committed to helping you obtain a college education regardless of personal financial status. At the Financial Aid Office you will find helpful people dedicated to exploring all areas of financial assistance whether it’s need-based or non-need based awards. The Financial Aid Office at MassBay administers several federal, state, and institutional assistance programs. We recommend you review The Guide to Federal Student Aid [Cómo Costear Su Educación] for basic information regarding the financial aid application process and the types of federal student aid available. In addition, below is a video that provides an overview and will help you better understand the financial aid process.
- 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 FAFSA forms are available! www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Why file: It is required for state and federal aid (including loans), it's simple and FREE!
- Massachusetts residents: To be considered for state grants the FAFSA must be filed by the May 1st deadline.
- Need more information? Visit our How to Apply for Financial Aid page.
Which FAFSA should I submit?
When Are You Attending College?
Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 or Summer 2019
Fall 2017 or Spring 2018 or Summer 2018
What FAFSA Application Do You Complete?
Which Year’s Income Information Is Required?
Questions regarding tuition and fees? Visit Student Accounts.
Wellesley Hills Campus
50 Oakland Street, Room 111
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481
Phone: (781) 239-2600
Fax: (781) 239-2607
Monday–Thursday 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
19 Flagg Drive, Room 100
Framingham, MA 01702
Phone: (508) 270-4010
Fax: (508) 872-4067
Monday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
**Hours are subject to change. Contact the office directly to confirm the hours of operation.