This program is designed for parents, spouses, or other adult family members in a supporting role.
As a family member of a new MassBay student, you’re also a member of the MassBay community. Our Family Orientation is an opportunity for parents, guardians, and other supportive family members of new MassBay students to connect with the college.
This Orientation will offer advice on how we can work together to support your college student, connect you with MassBay resources available to maintain student success, and introduce you to some of the faculty and staff at MassBay who work with our students. Some of the presenters will include representatives from: Financial Aid, Disability Resources, Student Accounts, Academic Achievement Center, Faculty, and others.
This event is intended for families & guests of the MassBay student. However, there is a New Student Orientation running at the same time that students can attend: please sign-up for that separately below.
Click HERE to Sign-Up for a Family Orientation
Need more information or have questions?
Please contact the SOAR Office at email@example.com or 781-239-2721
New Student Orientation
For first time college students with no previous college credits.
At the New Student Orientation you will:
- Explore your academic, career, and transfer goals with MassBay Academic Advisors and faculty
- Meet and socialize with fellow NEW MassBay students as well as current MassBay students, faculty, and staff
- Plan your first semester schedule, register for courses, and get your MassBay student ID
- Learn hands-on about MassBay’s technology, including your email, student account, and classroom tools. You will obtain your username and password and activate all of your online MassBay accounts.
- Learn about the extracurricular and leadership opportunities available to you
- Be introduced to a wide range of support services and resources
The New Student Orientation takes about 4 hours and is offered on weekdays, evenings, and occasional weekends throughout the summer.
Click HERE to sign-up for a New Student Orientation