You are here
Academic & Transfer Advising
The Advising Center is committed to assisting students in the development of meaningful academic plans that are compatible with their professional and life goals. Academic Advisors guide students from their first contact with the College through graduation and beyond. We introduce incoming students to the opportunities and resources of the College, inform new and returning students of the requirements of academic programs, assist students with the selection of a major and the appropriate courses to ensure academic success, and counsel students regarding transfer opportunities.
Advising Center Services
- Assess and review transfer credit for students transferring into MassBay
- Develop individualized academic plans
- Assistance with course selection and registration
- Support navigating course and campus life challenges
- Identification of supportive campus resources
- Assistance with course registration, adding and dropping classes and course withdrawals
- Transfer Credit Evaluation
- Information on Challenge Exams
- Information on Competency Exams (AP, CLEP, UExcel, DANTES)
- Change of Advisor
- Change of Major
- MassTransfer and Transfer Counseling
- Permission to take courses at other institutions
- Graduation Reviews
- Referrals to other campus resources
All registered students are assigned an academic advisor who may be a member of the faculty, professional staff, or an advising counselor in the Advising Center. The name and contact information for one’s advisor is available on the Student Center page of Bay Navigator. Advisor assignments are generally made during the fourth week of the fall and spring semesters.
The services of the Advising Center are available to all students at MassBay. There are day and evening hours; students may be seen by appointment and on a walk in basis. Our locations are room 113 in Wellesley Hills and in room 104B in Framingham.