What is the Commonwealth Commitment? The first-of-its-kind agreement in the nation, the Commonwealth
Commitment makes it more affordable than ever for Massachusetts residents to earn a bachelor’s degree.
The program offers associate’s degree to bachelor’s degree pathways in a number of popular areas of study.
Get your start at MassBay, transfer to a Massachusetts state university or a UMass campus, and save an average of about $5,000.
STUDENTS COMMIT TO:
- Begin at MassBay or at another community college in Massachusetts.
- Complete associate’s degree within 2.5 years.
- Transfer to one of Massachusetts’ State Universities or UMass campuses.
- Complete bachelor’s degree within 2 more years.
- Maintain full time, continuous enrollment and a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
WE COMMIT TO:
- A freeze on tuition & fees for all four years upon entry into the Commonwealth Commitment program, until student graduates or leaves program.
- A reduction in tuition & mandatory fees:
- A 10% rebate off tuition & mandatory fees payable via check or bookstore voucher at the end of every successfully completed semester.
- An additional MassTransfer tuition credit once student enrolls in bachelor’s program.
Eligible Majors for transfer to most State Universities & UMass Campuses
|Eligible Majors for Fall 2016||Eligible Majors for Fall 2017|
Communications & Media Studies*
Early Childhood Education*
STEM Natural/Physical Sciences*
Average Savings Over Four Years
Community College to State University: $4,402
Community College to UMass: $6,640
OVERALL AVERAGE SAVINGS: $5,090
Learn more about how Commonwealth Commitment can help you save money and earn a bachelor’s degree.
Prospective students should contact our Admissions Office to learn more about how to apply to MassBay Community College and enroll in the Commonwealth Commitment program.
Office of Admissions
Students in their first semester at MassBay, with less than 15 earned college credits, should contact our Academic & Transfer Advising Center to enroll in the Commonwealth Commitment program.
Academic & Transfer Advising Center
Info to print
Program Fact Sheet
Mass. State WEBSITE