Your dreams. Our mission.
Reading & Writing Center
WHO ARE WE?
We are professional learning specialists who support and engage MassBay’s diverse students from every department and program in developing as competent and self-confident academic readers and writers.
WHAT DO WE DO?
We hold individual conferences with student writers and readers. We focus on specific coursework and improvement of drafts at every stage of the writing process--from getting started with an assignment to revising a paper. After meeting with us, a student often improves in these areas:
- Setting challenging but achievable academic goals;
- Understanding a reading/writing assignment for any class;
- Separating an assignment into clear and manageable steps;
- Organizing and outlining ideas;
- Using ideas and notes to support planning or revising an essay;
- Examining sources and evidence to establish credibility and authority;
- Revising a paper for improved grammar, punctuation, or word choice;
- Developing effective reading and study skills;
- Becoming a more fluent writer as a non-native English speaker; and,
- Citing sources in MLA or APA format.
Wellesley Hills: Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM
Framingham: Monday-Friday 9AM-3PM
*Please call ahead for appointments during December and January
Wellesley Hills: Room 215
Framingham: Inside Library, Room 303
For more information, call 781-239-2632 (Wellesley Hills) or 508-270-4213 (Framingham) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links for writing support