Welcome to MassBay Community College.
Welcome to Placement Testing!
You are on your way to becoming a MassBay student! Taking the placement tests helps determine which levels of math and English you will enroll in when beginning your studies at MassBay. The College offers a variety of accelerated, self-paced, and traditional classes that will meet your needs and learning style.
The computerized Accuplacer exam is a three-hour test for native English speakers consisting of writing, reading comprehension, and mathematics. Another option is the English as a Second Language (ESL) test, which includes sections on writing, reading, and language usage. ESL students also take the math placement test. ESL students enrolling in college classes should come to a Placement Testing Date to take the AccuPlacer ESL test. Those interested in our Community ESL program should contact ESL@massbay.edu and attend a placement test and information session with the Center for Corporate Training and Community Education. Please visit www.massbay.edu/esl for more information.
Upcoming Placement Testing Dates:
- Monday, August 4th, 12 pm – Wellesley Hills Campus
- Wednesday, August 6th at 1 pm – Wellesley Hills Campus
- Thursday, August 7th at 10 am – Framingham Campus
- Monday, August 11th at 12 pm – Wellesley Hills Campus
- Tuesday, August 12th at 5 pm – Framingham Campus
- Thursday, August 14th at 12 pm – Wellesley Hills Campus
- Monday, August 18th at 10 am – Framingham Campus
- Wednesday, August 20th at 5 pm – Wellesley Hills Campus
- Friday, August 22nd at 10 am – Wellesley Hills Campus
- Monday, August 25th at 10 am – Framingham Campus
- Tuesday, August 26th at 10 am – Wellesley Hills Campus
- Wednesday, August 27th at 10 am – Wellesley Hills Campus
If you require accommodations, please contact Disability Resources for an individual testing date.
Please click the link below to sign up for a placement testing date, or call 781-239-2620.
CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE PLACEMENT TEST
Need a different time than what’s listed here? Please give us a call at 781-239-2620 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you DO NOT know your MassBay ID number, please complete and submit the form below and someone will be in touch with you.
Prepare for the placement tests!
Do your very best on the placement tests! Take one of our FREE 2-hour workshops in math, reading, or writing. View the workshop times and sign up here!
Ready for the next step?
After you complete your placement tests, you will be able to meet with an advisor and register for your classes. You have several options to work with your schedule:
- Go directly to the advising office to meet with an advisor who will help you plan your first semester schedule and register for classes.
- The Online Orientation provides an easily accessible overview of the College and the resources available to you before meeting with an advisor who will help you plan your schedule and register for classes.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ONLINE ORIENTATION NOW
- Sign up below for an in-person “SOAR” session (Student Orientation Advising and Registration) which is a 5-hour interactive opportunity for you to plan your first semester schedule, register for courses, and get your MassBay student ID; meet fellow NEW MassBay students as well as faculty and staff; become familiar with MassBay’s technology, including your email, student account, and classroom tools; learn about the extracurricular and leadership opportunities available to you; and be introduced to a wide range of support services.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP FOR AN IN-PERSON SOAR
- Feel free to come to our walk-in enrollment and registration centers to meet with an advisor. Starting Tuesday, August 5th through August 29th - our walk-in centers in the Wellesley Hills campus cafeteria and the Framingham campus main lobby are open to allow you to: apply, get academic advising, register for classes and explore financial aid and payment information. Centers are open: Mondays - Thursdays, 8 am to 7 pm; Fridays, 8 am to 5 pm; and Saturdays (on August 9th, August 16th, and August 23rd) from 9 am to noon.
Please see our FAQ page for more information.
For more information, call 781-239-2632 (Wellesley) or 508-270-4213 (Framingham) or email email@example.com