Your dreams. Our mission.
For current and prospective MassBay students
The first step to getting financial aid is filling out the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA).
The deadline for fall semester financial aid is May 1st – so file your FAFSA today!
- Go to: www.fafsa.ed.gov, and in the College Release Section be sure to List:
- MassBay Community College
- The MassBay federal school code number is 002171
General Scholarship Search:
Scholarship Sites by Career Category:
Injury & Safety Scholarship Directory
Website published by Las Vegas Personal Injury & Safety Resources
listing scholarship opportunities for students affected by a personal injury:
ezDinero awards its annual Latino scholarships through its various scholarship programs, including scholarships geared specifically for high school seniors, community college students, and current college students. In order to be eligible for our program, students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident, be pursuing or plan to pursue your first undergraduate or graduate degree, be of Latino or Hispanic origin, and plan to enroll as a part-time or full-time student at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution in the upcoming academic year.
The applicant who is awarded the scholarship will be asked to share their progress on a quarterly basis. We at ezDinero Aspire look forward to hearing from you and fostering your students’ academic success.
ezDinero puede ayudarle a encontrar prestamos rapidos adecuados para usted.
Find Loans Quickly.
Van Sant's Veterans’ Educational Scholarship Program: Van Sant Law is offering an annual $1,000 scholarship.
To Apply: Please email the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicant must be a veteran of the US Armed Forces with an Honorable Discharge
- A copy of your military record (DD Form 214).
- A copy of your student ID or other proof of college enrollment.
- A 500-word essay outlining your experience in the military and your educational goals.
Women Over 35:
Vital Impact: Life-Changing Scholarships for Women Over 35: Vital Impact (formerly the Massachusetts Educational Foundation) currently distributes scholarships annually to mature women, aged 35 or older, living in Massachusetts, who are embarking on a career transition. Up to $2,000. Applications must be submitted no later than May 31, 2015.
To Apply: Visit Vital Impact
- Be a mature woman, age 35 or older
- Committed to making a career change
- Reside in Massachusetts
- Enrolled in a Massachusetts school
- Must use scholarship within one year of award which will occur in June 2015.
SeniorAdvice Caregiver and Volunteer Scholarships
For students who have volunteered for a senior non-profit or who have acted as caregiver to an adult relative.
SeniorAdvice Caregiver Scholarship
SeniorAdvice.com is offering a $1000 scholarship to an eligible student who has been a caregiver for an adult relative. One student, who will be attending college or university in the Fall of 2016, will receive a $1000 for tuition and/or books.
Apply for SeniorAdvice Caregiver Scholarship
SeniorAdvice Volunteer Scholarship
SeniorAdvice.com is offering a $1000 scholarship to an eligible student who has served as a volunteer in a senior living community within the past year. One student, who will be attending college or university in the Fall of 2016, will receive a $1000 for tuition and/or books.
Apply for SeniorAdvice Volunteer Scholarship
- Blue Fire Broadband 2016 Rural Scholarship - sponsored by bluefirebroadband.com. Blue Fire Broadband is proud to announce that we are offering a one-time scholarship of $500 to the winner of our Annual Rural Scholarship Essay Contest. Has the internet made where your community become more connected to the rest of the world? Please support your answer with real life experiences, if possible. Publish an original personal essay of no fewer than 500 and no more than 1,000 words in length on any blog or website by the application deadline date — June 1, 2016. Special consideration will be given to candidates who include photos and images in their posts!
- $3,000 Discountrue Scholarship Opportunity! - sponsored by Discountrue. To be eligible for the $3,000 scholarship you need to: be a U.S. citizen or possess an authorization to study in the U.S.
Be accepted into a United States university or college and attend the school in fall 2015. Achieve an undergraduate cumulative amounting to minimum 3.0 GPA.
To apply for the scholarship you must submit by January 15th, 2016:
Your resume. An essay on the topic: “How can you personally help make the world a better place?“, 700-1000 words long. An official copy of your undergraduate college transcripts. The most current academic transcript/an acceptance letter from a U.S. university or college in case of freshman. Proof of legal residency in the United States.
- Deadline: January 15th, 2016
- $1000 HeadsetPlus.com Annual College Scholarship Program - sponsored by HeadsetPlus.com. HeadsetPlus, an on-line retailer for Plantronics office headset, would like to help an ambitious college student toward his/her college expenses with a $1000 scholarship. The contest requires you to create a short YouTube video about yourself, your past achievements and how you can help shape the world around you, why college education is important, and tell us what motivates you? Give us examples what you have achieved in school and outside of school. Deadline: December 31, 2015.
- Internet and Education Scholarship - sponsored by ATTSavings.com. Amount: $1,000. Create an original infographic showing how technology enhances learning. Make sure your infographic is original and factual (and cite your sources). Most importantly make your infographic engaging and as fun as possible. Deadline: July 17th, 2015.
- The HotelsCheap Scholarship Program - sponsored by HotelsCheap.org. This scholarship is for students aspiring to achieve a college education. This need-based scholarship rewards students who are looking to better themselves, who have goals and dreams, and who are committed to a college degree. US students who are 16 years of age or older are encouraged to apply. High school students, undergraduate students, masters degree students and adult learners are all encouraged to apply. This scholarship is awarded in the spring and the fall.
- General Education Scholarship 2015 - sponsored by Newman, Anzalone and Newman. Newman, Anzalone and Newman will be awarding a $500 scholarship to a 2014-2015 high school graduate. Our goal is to help ease the financial burden caused be increasing education costs. Our law firm is honored to help incoming college students with this scholarship and are proud to help students reach their college goals. All applicants must currently hold or anticipate a high school diploma or GED within the 2014-2015 school year and have a 3.0 or higher GPA. To apply for this scholarship, please click on our website and fill out the application. We have provided 3 essay topics. Please write a 500 word minimum essay on one of the topics listed on the website. Completed applications must be submitted by July 15th 2015. We will select a winner by August 15th 2015.
- Infoparrot Scholarship 2015 - sponsored by Infoparrot. Infoparrot is glad to announce that it has launched its scholarship program for 2015. The winners of the scholarship will receive $1,250 for their educational expenses for the academic year. There are three winners every year but a student can only win once.As Infoparrot believes in sharing resources, it has a strong focus on giving back to the community. If you would like to apply for the Infoparrot 2015 scholarship, please complete the following steps: Write an essay and send it to scholarships at infoparrot.com. Submit your application within 11:59PM EST, December 31, 2015.
- Goldberg & Osborne's Don't Text & Drive Scholarship - sponsored by the law Firm of GoldBerg & Osborne, The Injury Lawyers. This scholarship is to encourage students to further their education and to stress the important message for drivers not text and drive. Applicants must either be attending college or trade schools currently or planning to attend college or trade school on or before September 15th.
- The Law Offices of Mark L. Horwitz, P.A. General Education Scholarship 2015 - The Law Offices of Mark L. Horwitz, P.A. will be awarding a $1,000 general scholarship to a 2014-2015 high school graduate, current college student (1st, 2nd or 3rd year), or a law school student. Our goal is to help ease the financial burden caused by increasing education costs. Our law firm is honored to help incoming or current college students with this scholarship and are proud to help students reach their college goals.
All applicants must currently hold or anticipate a high school diploma or GED and have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- The Bottaro Law Firm's Don't Text & Drive Scholarship — sponsored by Bottaro Law Firm LLC. This scholarship is to encourage students to further their education and to stress the important message for drivers not text and drive. This $1000 scholarship will only be offered to one person and will be given directly after winning.
- Be enrolled at a college or university and planning to attend in the fall of 2015.
- Write an essay of at least 200 words stating how the scholarship can benefit you and your educational plans.
- Agree not to text and drive — this should be included in the essay.
- Include your full name, address, email, phone, and evidence demonstrating you meet the qualifications.
- ChameleonJohn.com Scholarship — sponsored by ChameleonJohn.com. $10,000 annual scholarship for students in the United States.
- Your desired University must be in the United States
- Write three short essays and submit them online. Submit on link below, Scholarship details and application
- You must fill out our application form. Find it by clicking on Scholarship details and application below.
- Include your full name, address, email, phone, and evidence demonstrating you meet the qualifications.
- College Drug Awareness Scholarship Program - sponsored by Great Awareness Monologues.
Great Awareness Monologues is proud to announce up to twelve $1,000.00 Cash Scholarships for 2015. ANY graduate or undergraduate student (future or current) that has been accepted or attends a community college, technical/trade college, or university may apply. This "College Drug Awareness Scholarship" is available to all students. Also, up to the first 10 applicants of each deadline month (see below) will receive one free digital book access or physical print book (ISBN:0692395725) of College Drug Awareness: Stop The Addiction a drug awareness book. Application deadline: the 20th of each month.
- Concussion Awareness Scholarship — One for each month, deadline on the 7th of each month — sponsored by Great Awareness Monologues. This monthly cash scholarship promotes concussion awareness and is available to all students, not just student athletes. Students also receive a copy of The Pass Rusher, a Football Concussion movie.
- LEGEND™ Compression Wear Scholarship — sponsored by LEGEND™ Compression Wear.
Currently-enrolled college students (or incoming Freshman that meets terms and conditions criteria) are invited to submit a 500 word minimum blog article about the topic: “What it means to Be a LEGEND in my life”. Here at LEGEND™ Compression Wear, we believe that this can take many forms. You can Be a LEGEND by graduating college, by being a stay at home mom, by achieving great athletic success or many other things.
Please submit the post and fill out the form by 5 p.m. on May 1, 2016:
- Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship - sponsored by Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance. $4,000 per semester to a student that has dealt with cancer, personally or within their family, in an effort to help them further their education.
- NOLA Ghosts Scholarship - sponsored by NOLA Ghosts. Because of our commitment to support education, New Orleans Ghost Tours is proud to sponsor an annual $250 Scholarship. The following outlines eligibility and the application process to qualify for the scholarship. Eligibility Requirements: Any student currently enrolled in an accredited college.
- James “Rhio” O’Connor Memorial Scholarship - sponsored by Cancer Monthly, Inc..
$1,000 award per month 9 times per year, Oct. thru June, application deadline is last day of each month. Essay between 700 and 1500 words dealing with what changes or improvements should be made in our healthcare system and the way we treat cancer in the U.S.
- ProjectManager.com Scholarship - sponsored by ProjectManager.com. U.S. students who are 16 years of age or older are encouraged to apply. High school students, undergraduate students, master degree students and adult learners are all encouraged to apply. Students enrolled (or committed to attend) a two year, four year, or a graduate program are eligible. Financial situation and/or monetary awards/previous scholarships have no bearing on this scholarship award.
- The Print Detective Design a T-Shirt Scholarship - sponsored by Print Detective. The Print Detective Design a T-Shirt scholarship is a really easy and fun way to get $500 to help pay for school. Use your creativity to design your very own T-shirt. Upload your custom T-shirt design to Facebook and then get all of your friends and family to vote for your design. You are eligible if you are a U. S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the U.S.; You are (1) a full-time student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level degree program at an accredited college or university OR (2) a high school senior planning to attend college in 2014 -2015; You have a current grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
- Varsity Tutors Scholarship Contest Description - Varsity Tutors
holds a monthly $1,000 college scholarship contest where students write an
essay in response to a monthly prompt. Visitors to the Varsity Tutors
scholarship webpage are able to vote via social media for submitted entries.
The top five entries with the most votes are reviewed by Varsity Tutors at the
end of the month and one winner is subsequently chosen to receive the $1,000
college scholarship. Interested students can enter the contest here:
- Zumper Apartments Scholarship - sponsored by Zumper apartment rental search.Zumper apartment rental search is sponsoring a $1,000 college scholarship for Mass Bay Community College students, every semester. We’re looking for outstanding students who have helped their classmates or community in a tremendous way. Maybe you started a club that raised $10,000 for charity, or championed recycling and sustainable practices across campus. Whatever it is, we’d love to hear about it!
Environmental and Land Management Industry:
- EXTREMETERRAIN SCHOLARSHIPS - One scholarship for $3,000 will be awarded twice a year to students who are pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Research, Land Use, Earth and Atmosphere Studies, Sustainable Land Management, Parks and Recreation, or Sustainable Agriculture Systems.
To apply, students may submit an essay by following the instructions on the website.
- Application (Deadlines: June 15th for Fall semester and October 15th for Spring semester)
Financial Services Industry:
- The Peter Leeds Stock Trading Scholarship - This scholarship is open to enrolled students with an interest in finance, economics, and trading stocks. To apply, students may submit an essay by following the instructions on the website.
- Application (deadline is October 1)
- Viking Mergers Scholarship for $1,000 - Those applying need to be able to demonstrate an interest in entrepreneurship. Demonstration can include ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
Majoring in business, entrepreneurship, or small business management
- Currently operating a side business while in college
- Involvement in a family business
- Being involved in an activity that will support their business/career goals of entrepreneurship. For example: if you wish to open a dance studio, and you’re majoring in dance, but you teach dance on the side to a few kids, or if you’re an active member of an entrepreneur club or organization at your school.
- Scholarship details and application
- Deadline: May 1, 2016
- Award Date: May 31, 2016
Insurance and Financial Services Industry:
- MassMutual Scholars Program - A national scholarship program for high achieving college students interested in pursuing a career in the insurance and financial service industry. Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company for 2014 is offering funding to assist at least 30 students entering their sophomore, junior, senior of 5th year of undergraduate coursework the opportunity to apply for a scholarship worth $5000. You must complete the FAFSA and the application below.
- Application (Applications must be submitted online by 4:30 p.m., central time, March 31, 2015.)
Scholarship for Jewish Women Residents of Massachusetts
- Jewish Family & Children's Service Max Rosenfeld Interest Free Loan Program The Max Rosenfeld Loan provides interest free loans for the education, skill building and/or training of Jewish women who are residents of the state of Massachusetts. Rolling deadline for application. Loan amounts are between $1,000–$4,000. Repayment of the loan is based on a flexible schedule. Programs offered by academic institutions must be accredited. Applicants must meet financial eligibility criteria.
For more information contact:
Lindsay Goldberg, Center for Family Assistance:
Jewish Family & Children&rsquops Service
1430 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02451
- The Baumgartner Law Firm, a leading personal injury law firm based in Houston, Texas, offers a scholarship for current or incoming law students based on need and commitment to helping others. Applicants must be attending an accredited law school in the US by the fall semester of 2015. Award Amount: $3,000. Deadline: August 31, 2015; Award will be announced November 30, 2015. Only online applications will be accepted.
- Dr. Sherrie Ford Manufacturing as a Career Path Scholarship Program - sponsored by the Association for Manufacturing Excellence's AME Institute and Kronos
- Colonial Ghosts Marketing Scholarship — $1,000 education scholarship for students majoring in Marketing
Nursing and Medical / Clinical Programs:
The MetroWest Health Foundation - Health Professions Scholarship Program:
- The MetroWest Health Foundation provides scholarships to students who are residents of one of the 25 towns in our MetroWest service area. Students must be accepted into an eligible nursing, medical, or clinical program at an accredited academic institution.
Tuition scholarships are awarded for a maximum of $2,000 per academic year. Applicants are eligible to reapply on an annual basis. The maximum amount of scholarship assistance the foundation will provide to an individual is $8,000.
The online application will be available during the time periods listed below:
April 15 – May 31 (4:00 p.m.) for the academic term starting in September
October 15 – November 30 (4:00 p.m.) for the academic term starting in January
- Health Professions Scholarship Program
For Single Mothers:
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers' Single Mother Scholarship - Awarding two scholarships to single mothers - one enrolled in a US under-graduate program and one enrolled in law school. Applicants should submit a 500 word essay detailing how motherhood has prepared them for the challenges they encounter in school.
For International Students Only:
Technology and Software:
SoftwareProviders.com - Softwareproviders.com has a great scholarship opportunity for MassBay Community College. The company has created a scholarship to help aid tuition costs for students as part of our business launch. The scholarship is for $1,000 and both current and future students are eligible. To enter, students simply need to write a 600-800 word essay on 1 of 2 topics related to the impact of software and technology. We will be posting the winner as well as other noteworthy articles to our blog
Toptal - Scholarship program to award 12 scholarships over the next 12 months to help women pursue their technical career aspirations. It is open to more than just aspiring developers; the award applies to anyone with a passion for tech. Applicants from all majors and any academic standing are welcome.
Each scholarship winner will receive a stipend, and in addition, a year of mentorship and guidance from the senior developers within our network.
Visit website for Scholarship Guidelines.
Massachusetts Department of Higher Education Office of Student Financial Assistance:
Scholarship Search Tips:
- Start looking early! While searching for additional scholarships takes time and energy, it is well worth the effort, if it helps reduce tuition costs.
- Organize scholarship materials: Each scholarship may have a separate application deadline and specific criteria.
- Follow instructions and proofread: Complete the application accurately and fully. Include all required materials.
- Make copies of everything: If your application is lost, a copy will make it easier to resend your application.
- Apply early! Keep a calendar of application deadlines.
Please be advised that the outside scholarship resources provided are not in any way associated with or endorsed by MassBay Community College.
Students seeking these resources do so independently and the resources provided by the College are for information purposes only.