Your dreams. Our mission.
For current and prospective MassBay students
The first step to getting financial aid is filling out the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA).
The deadline for fall semester financial aid is May 1st – so file your FAFSA today!
- Go to: www.fafsa.ed.gov, and in the College Release Section be sure to List:
- MassBay Community College
- The MassBay federal school code number is 002171
General Scholarship Search:
- The HotelsCheap Scholarship Program - sponsored by HotelsCheap.org. This scholarship is for students aspiring to achieve a college education. This need-based scholarship rewards students who are looking to better themselves, who have goals and dreams, and who are committed to a college degree. US students who are 16 years of age or older are encouraged to apply. High school students, undergraduate students, masters degree students and adult learners are all encouraged to apply. This scholarship is awarded in the spring and the fall.
- Goldberg & Osborne's Don't Text & Drive Scholarship - sponsored by the law Firm of GoldBerg & Osborne, The Injury Lawyers. This scholarship is to encourage students to further their education and to stress the important message for drivers not text and drive. Applicants must either be attending college or trade schools currently or planning to attend college or trade school on or before September 15th.
- ProjectManager.com Scholarship - sponsored by ProjectManager.com. U.S. students who are 16 years of age or older are encouraged to apply. High school students, undergraduate students, master degree students and adult learners are all encouraged to apply. Students enrolled (or committed to attend) a two year, four year, or a graduate program are eligible. Financial situation and/or monetary awards/previous scholarships have no bearing on this scholarship award.
- The Print Detective Design a T-Shirt Scholarship - sponsored by Print Detective. The Print Detective Design a T-Shirt scholarship is a really easy and fun way to get $500 to help pay for school. Use your creativity to design your very own T-shirt. Upload your custom T-shirt design to Facebook and then get all of your friends and family to vote for your design. You are eligible if you are a U. S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the U.S.; You are (1) a full-time student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate-level degree program at an accredited college or university OR (2) a high school senior planning to attend college in 2014 -2015; You have a current grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher.
Insurance and Financial Services Industry:
- Dr. Sherrie Ford Manufacturing as a Career Path Scholarship Program - sponsored by the Association for Manufacturing Excellence's AME Institute and Kronos
For Single Mothers:
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers' Single Mother Scholarship - Awarding two scholarships to single mothers - one enrolled in a US under-graduate program and one enrolled in law school. Applicants should submit a 500 word essay detailing how motherhood has prepared them for the challenges they encounter in school.
For International Students Only:
Technology and Software:
SoftwareProviders.com - Softwareproviders.com has a great scholarship opportunity for MassBay Community College. The company has created a scholarship to help aid tuition costs for students as part of our business launch. The scholarship is for $1,000 and both current and future students are eligible. To enter, students simply need to write a 600-800 word essay on 1 of 2 topics related to the impact of software and technology. We will be posting the winner as well as other noteworthy articles to our blog
Massachusetts Department of Higher Education Office of Student Financial Assistance:
Scholarship Search Tips:
- Start looking early! While searching for additional scholarships takes time and energy, it is well worth the effort, if it helps reduce tuition costs.
- Organize scholarship materials: Each scholarship may have a separate application deadline and specific criteria.
- Follow instructions and proofread: Complete the application accurately and fully. Include all required materials.
- Make copies of everything: If your application is lost, a copy will make it easier to resend your application.
- Apply early! Keep a calendar of application deadlines.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that the outside scholarship resources provided are not in any way associated with or endorsed by MassBay Community College. Students seeking these resources do so independently and the resources provided by the College are for information purposes only.