Your dreams. Our mission.
Checklist for securing an internship
Make an appointment with a Career Counselor to:
- Determine whether the internship will be credit-bearing
- Find and secure a Faculty Sponsor.
- Fill out the appropriate paperwork and/or register for the internship.
- Discuss and research possible internship sites.
- Update or create a resume and a cover letter.
- Come up with at least ten sites to apply to.
- Prepare you for your interview.
Submit your cover letters and resumes to potential internship sites.
Go on interviews. Be sure to ask for your interviewer’s business card so that you can send him/her a thank you letter right away.
Once you have finalized your decision and accepted an offer; inform the other sites of your decision.
Fill out and turn in contracts (Student, Faculty and Site Supervisor)