Fall II Header

Fall II Classes Start September 15th;
Second-8-Week Classes Start October 27th

Fall II

Fall II and Second 8-week classes are the courses available to new students applying to MassBay after the regular enrollment date. Students who apply to MassBay between August 25 and September 10, 2014 will be directed to register for Fall II or Second8-week courses. 

Fall II classes will begin the week of September 15. Second 8-week classes begin on October 27.
Classes are available at the Wellesley Hills Campus, Framingham Campus and Online.

2014 Fall II and Second 8-Week Program flyer >>

Academic Calendar

For Fall II Classes, September 15 - December 15

September 3-5
September 15
September 16
October 13
October 14-20
October 29
November 3
November 11
November 21
November 27
November 28
December 15
December 16-19
Placement Testing
First Day of Mon/Wed Classes
First Day of Tues/Thurs Classes
Columbus Day–College Closed
Mid-Semester Exams
Mid-Term Grades Issued
Spring 2015 Registration Begins
Veterans Day-College Closed
Last Day to Withdraw
Thanksgiving–College Closed
Thanksgiving Recess–No Classes
Last Day of Classes

Final Exams


Second 8-Week Classes  

October 27
November 11
November 27
November 28
December 5
December 15-21
Classes Begin
Veterans’ Day Observed College Closed
Thanksgiving Day (College Closed)
Thanksgiving Recess (No Classes)
Last Day to Withdraw
Last Day of Classes & Final Exams


Placement Testing
Wellesley Hills Campus

  • Tuesday, September 2, 2pm
  • Wednesday, September 3, 10am
  • Thursday, September 4, 10am

Framingham Campus

  • Tuesday, September 2, 10am
  • Wednesday, September 3, 2pm

To schedule an appointment please register online at www.massbay.edu/placementtesting or call 781-239-2632.

Fall 2014 Tuition and Fees


Tuition                  $   24.00   
All College Fee      $ 130.00   
Technology Fee     $   20.00   
Total per credit       $ 174.00


Tuition                 $ 230.00   
All College Fee     $ 130.00   
Technology Fee    $   20.00   
Total per credit      $ 380.00

Additional Fees
The following fees are assessed to all students per semester:
Facilities Fee                           $30.00
Parking/Transportation Fee       $10.00
The following fees are assessed to all students per semester but can be waived online:
MassPIRG                             $9.00
Student Textbook Fund           $5.00

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires that all students registered for nine credits or more either participate in the health insurance plan offered by the College or provide proof of comparable insurance coverage to the College.
College Sponsored Annual Health Insurance Premium    $1,640.00


Tuition Due Date and Payment Methods
Students are expected to have a financial plan in place at the time of registration.  Due to the limited time between registration and the beginning of Fall II, no billing statements will be mailed. Student Accounts may be viewed online through the Bay Navigator link from the MassBay homepage.

MassBay accepts cash, personal check, MasterCard, Visa and Discover. Students may also enroll in a payment plan to extend their tuition payments over a three-month period. The non-refundable $32.00 fee for the payment plan is charged at the time of enrollment, as is a 30% down payment. The remaining 70% of tuition and fees will be charged in two equal monthly installments in October and November.

MassBay Community College Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Refunds and Reductions
Students who voluntarily withdraw from course(s) or from the College are granted a refund or reduction of fees and tuition according to the schedule below:

Before the 1st day of Fall II or Second 8-week classes    100%

Before the 1st day of Fall II or Second 8-week classes    100%
Before the 2nd class meeting                                        100%
Before the 3rd class meeting                                           50%
Before the 4th class meeting                                           25%
Thereafter                                                                         0%

Lack of attendance or course abandonment does not constitute course withdrawal. Students who do not withdraw in accordance with College procedures are responsible for full payment of tuition and fees. The withdrawal date is determined by the date all forms are completed and submitted to the proper offices.

At MassBay, we can help you sharpen your skills, land the job you want, and achieve your academic goals. Call today!




 Admissions Office Contact Info