Recreation and Wellness Center
Recreation & Wellness Center Rules & Regulations
- The Recreation/Wellness Center (RWC) is available for use by all MassBay Faculty and Staff; registered MassBay students; and others designated by the appropriate and authorized College Official.
- MassBay College ID must be presented upon entry into the facility. A liability waiver must be signed before using the facility for the first time.
- Proper workout attire must be worn in all public areas, with the exception of the locker rooms. Bags, jackets, and street shoes should be stored in the lockers, not in the fitness room or gym.
- Day lockers and showers are available. You need to provide your own lock. Lockers are to be occupied only during the time the individual is using the facility. Locks left on overnight will be removed and contents transferred to lost and found. Equipment (basketballs and volleyballs) may be checked out with your MassBay College identification card. You are responsible for all equipment that you check-out and must reimburse MassBay for any lost or damaged equipment before your ID is returned.
- No food and smoking is allowed in the RWC at any time. Water bottles are permitted. Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not permitted in the facility.
- When finished with weight equipment, all barbells should be broken down to the bar and dumbbells should be racked. Wet wipes should be used to wipe down all weight and cardio equipment after use.
- Interpretation of the above rules is subject to the discretion of the Recreation/Wellness Center manager.
Club Sports are also offered depending on student interest
If you have any questions or would like more information, please see the staff on duty.
We offer student-run campus clubs and organizations in which you can get involved. Check out the description and if you are interested join today!
Recreation & Wellness Center Programming Board
The mission of the RWC Programming Board is to design and implement fitness programs for the Recreation and Wellness Center. In the ever changing field of campus recreation, we try to stay out in front of what’s new by allowing students to dictate what their interests are. This group also discusses issues related to the RWC including policy implementation, rules and regulations. (class offerings include but are not limited to: salsa, yoga, palates, zumba, karate, kick boxing, dance, aerobics). The Recreation & Wellness Center Programming Board Sports Club is a registered student organization.
EA Sports Club
If you are a fan of EA SPORTS games, this club is for you! Discuss your favorite EA SPORTS games like NBA Live, Madden Football, MVP Baseball, NCAA Football , and more! Or talk about your favorite EA SPORTS classics! The EA SPORTS Club hosts' tournament style challenges, matching up competitors from MassBay to compete for a bag of prizes. If it's in the game, It's in the Club! To enter one of the nation wide, regional EA SPORTS Challenge Tournaments, players can register online and view Tournament Rules at http://virgingaming.com/easports/, the official EA SPORTS Challenge websites. The EA Sports Club is a registered student organization.
Student-Athlete Advisory Board
The student-athlete advisory board (SAAB) is a group of student-athletes representing each varsity sport at MassBay. The purpose of the organization is to promote all MassBay sports and provide student-athletes the opportunity to impact those issues that affect their daily lives.
Members of each team will nominate and select an eligible student-athlete to represent their sport on the SAAB. An alternate will also be selected, in the event that the designated representative cannot attend a meeting. It is expected that each team will be represented at each meeting.
Throughout the year, student-athletes are encouraged to communicate ideas and concerns to the respective representative of their sport. The Student-Athlete Advisory Board is a registered student organization.
The Basketballers Club
The Basketballers Club (BBC) is made up of individuals who want to play basketball competitively but are not participating on the varsity team for a variety of reasons. Last year the BBC participated in the Boston Sports Club of Wellesley fall/winter men's basketball league. The Basketballers Club is a registered student organization.
Track and Field Club
The Track & Field Club (TFC) seeks to develop well-rounded individuals who learn not only the fundamentals of athletic training but also the importance of education in an atmosphere conducive to developing sound character. The Track & Field Club is a registered student organization.
Intramural Futsal League
The league is open to both men and women who are students at MassBay Community College.
For more information about any of the Recreation & Wellness Center Clubs, email Khari Roulhac at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-239-2664.
RWC Hours & Schedule
Monday - Thursday:
7:00am – 6:00pm
(6:00pm - 8:00pm faculty/staff only)
7:00am – 4:00pm
(4:00pm - 6:00pm faculty/staff only)
The RWC is housed in a stand-alone building located at the Rt. 9 end of the Wellesley Hills campus.