Your dreams. Our mission.
Why are we here? What do we offer?
In the past, MassBay students have come in to talk with a counselor about some of the following issues:
- Feeling overwhelmed or stuck
- Concerns about Substance use
- Depression or persistent sadness
- Stress & Time management skills
- Relationship issues or family concerns
- Grief & loss of important relationships
- Concerns about eating or sleeping habits
- Procrastination, concentration, or motivation problems
- Juggling priorities & roles: Work, School, Family, Money, etc.
- Anxiety & worry, including test-taking and public speaking fears
- Difficulty adjusting to life at MassBay, Boston, and/or the United States
- Finding Off-Campus resources
We offer programs and classroom presentations related to mental health and wellness, including but not limited to:
- Stress recognition and reduction
- Test anxiety
- Time management
- Maintaining holistic balance and wellness
- Current issues in college mental health
- Screenings for depression, anxiety, eating disorders and substance abuse and a free, anonymous, online screening.
While this is a list of programs we have provided in the past, we are also able to tailor a presentation to the specific needs of your faculty, staff, student, or campus group.
Additionally, Counseling Services can provide you with resource materials, including brochures and web-based materials which address various issues of importance to our students.