Office of the Registrar at MassBay

Your dreams. Our mission.

Registration Forms & Downloads

Graduating? Congratulations!

Please apply to the registrar so your credits can be verified. You will be added to the list for Commencement. Information about caps and gowns and family invites is coming soon. Use this interactive online form.

Should you need accommodations at the commencement ceremony, please contact the Office of Disability Resources at (781) 239-2626

Please remember to enter your signature and email on the second page of the GRADUATION APPLICATION form. Spring 2018 Graduation application deadline: March 30. Students who have completed degree requirements in Spring 18 but submit a graduation application after May 15th, 2018, will be processed and awarded as Summer 18 graduates.


Graduation Application Info — Commencement 2018

Registration Form
The registration form is used to register for classes each semester if registration is not done online. If registering online through the self-service Student Center, no registration form is necessary. The MassBay Online Registration Form is a secure document that may be filled in and submitted entirely online, or may be mailed, scanned and e-mailed as an attachment, or faxed. Contact information is found at the top of the form. When registering in-person, a photo-identification is required. All registration forms must be signed by the student registering. Registration forms will not be accepted or processed if submitted by a person other than the students themselves, unless accompanied by a written and signed permission by the student, identifying the person registering the student. The person identified in the note must present a photo identification.

Auditing a Course
Students who wish to audit a course must obtain permission from the Registrar’s Office. Students planning to audit a course are required to pay full tuition and fees, and the request must be made at the time of registration. Audit cannot be converted to a letter grade later.

Drop/Add/ Class-Withdrawal Form
Students who need to adjust their schedules due to a change in program or other reason(s) may do so during registration and the add/drop period. If adding/dropping or withdrawing online through the self-service Student Center, no form is necessary. The Add/Drop/Withdrawal From is also used to withdraw from a class during a semester until the withdrawal deadline date listed on the College Academic Calendar. Drop/Add/Class-Withdrawal forms will not be accepted or processed if received in the e-mail or fax. All forms must be submitted by students themselves with a picture-identification. Forms submitted by a person other than the students themselves will not be accepted or processed, unless accompanied by a written and signed permission by the student.

Regardless of attendance, a student who has not paid the course tuition and fees by the bill due date will be ineligible to enroll in the course, and should not be allowed to attend class and receive a grade.

Grades are no longer mailed to each student. Semester grades are accessed online through the self-service Student Center.Please refer to the College Catalog for list of grades, explanation of the grading system and computation of grade point average (GPA).

Pre-College Courses
Grades in pre-college courses are not included in calculating the GPA nor in the calculation of credits towards graduation.

Graduation Application
During fall and spring semester, students who are nearing program completion and have at least 48 earned credits for a degree should file a Graduation Application. After the request is reviewed, each student will receive official notification regarding completion of associate or certificate requirements. The deadlines are Nov. 1 for the December graduation and April 1 for the May graduation. Applications are accepted after the deadlines but students filing late applications may not be able to participate in Commencement exercises.

Change of Program/Plan
A student is required to fill out a Change of Degree or Certificate form when they decide to make a change in their career path. The form is required to be signed by an advisor. If the student wishes to enter a Health Sciences program, there is a separate application for admissions required, detailed in the page: Selective Admissions for Health Sciences.