Office of the Registrar at MassBay

Your dreams. Our mission.

FAQ: Registration and Payment

What if I want to take an automotive, nursing, practical nursing, or radiologic technology course, yet I don’t see the classes listed?  

In certain programs, course enrollment is restricted to program majors. Nursing and health professions are considered restricted programs that call for applicants to meet program requirements. Applicants interested in these programs are required to attend an information session.  If you are interested in the automotive programs, you may also call the admissions office at (508) 270-4016.


Will my classes transfer to a four-year school?
We are accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Please note that it is always the decision of the school to which you are transferring as to how many credits, what courses, and what minimum grades they will accept. For more information contact Transfer Advising


What if I want to take only one or two classes?
All daytime courses require an application to the College. However, if you are enrolling in one or two evening courses, no application is necessary. You should check with the Advising Center about whether you need to take placement tests for any specific courses in advance.


What are placement tests? Do I need to take one? How do I sign up for them?
All students admitted to a degree or certificate program(s) are required to complete the English, reading and mathematics placement exams. The purpose of the assessment is to determine the level at which you will begin your coursework. Students must bring a picture ID and know their MassBay issued ID number or Social Security number. Registration is required. Please register online or call (781) 239-2760. All students wishing to enroll in any English, ESL, writing,language, literature or math course at MassBay are required to complete placement testing prior to registration. Students who register for these courses without completing the mandatory placement tests will automatically be withdrawn from the class roster.


Students who have successfully completed college-level math or English courses with a “C” or better may be exempt from placement testing. Bring college transcripts and appropriate course descriptions to any testing session or to the Advising Center to see if you are eligible to waive placement testing. Please call (781) 239- 2775 if you have any questions.


How do I get financial aid?
At MassBay we’re committed to helping you obtain a college education regardless of your personal financial status. Visit our Financial Aid website for more information; staff in the Financial Aid Office are also available to answer your additional questions. Please call us at (781) 239-2600 or (508) 270-4010 or stop by the office in Wellesley Hills or Framingham.


What is the cost to attend MassBay?

  • Cost per credit: Massachusetts Resident $212; Non-resident $418.00
  • Additional Fees may apply. Please view Student Accounts for a complete listing.
  • MassPirg (waivable fee): $9 (not applicable for summer sessions)
  • Mandatory Health Insurance (waivable): $1,712 Fall 2017 / $1,143 Spring 2018
  • Student Textbook Fund (waivable fee): $5 (not applicable for summer sessions)

The Student Government Association and the MassBay Foundation have established this fund to help students defray the increasing costs of educational items such as textbooks and other materials. This fee will be applied to both full and part-time student bills. For more information, including how to apply, please contact the Office of Student Development at (781) 239-3142.    

All fees, tuition are subject to change without notice. The College cannot honor any typographical errors in prices. Non-credit courses are priced separately. Tuition and Fees that remain unpaid are subject to Enrollment Cancellation,Collections and/or Interception of State funds to resolve the financial obligation. A student may not attend a course if he/she is not officially registered and considered in good financial standing at the College.    


Do I get a refund if I choose to withdraw from a class?    

Students who voluntarily withdraw from course(s) or the College completely may be granted a refund or reduction of tuition and fees in accordance with the refund policy. Lack of attendance, course abandonment, etc. does not constitute official course withdrawal. Students who do not withdraw in accordance with the College procedures are subject to full payment of tuition and fees. Refunds are made only according to the Withdrawal and Refund Policy, which can be viewed on the Student Accounts page.