Your dreams. Our mission.
Counseling Services Internship Training Program
MassBay Community College Counseling ServicesProgram Description:
Mental Health Counseling Internship Program
Description & Application Information
MassBay Community College offers an LHMC-track Internship program for students pursuing a Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling, or equivalent.
MassBay is a diverse learning environment that offers over 60 degrees and certificates to a student body of 5500+. Our students represent many ages, cultures, ethnicities, socioeconomic classes, and complex clinical presentations.
Interns primarily provide short-term, individual psychotherapy with students. There are also opportunities for conducting psychoeducational workshops, student outreach, and consultation to faculty/staff about students of concern.
The Internship follows the MassBay academic calendar and runs for two, 16 week semesters starting in late August and finishing in mid-May. The program provides the required 600 hours of clinical internship experience and all required supervision hours. Interns are generally expected to work three full days per week, up to 20-24 hours weekly. In a typical year, 2 interns will be hired. Staff:
- Ann Whelan, MA, LMHC – Associate Director of Counseling Services
- Ann is the Internship Coordinator and primary Internship supervisor.
- Jon Edwards, MA, LMHC – Director of Counseling
- Both supervisors provide one hour of supervision per week. Each has 15+ years of experience in the field and meets the supervisory criteria for Massachusetts LMHC licensure.
Complete applications include the following documents:
- Cover letter/Statement of Interest in College Counseling
- Two professional recommendation letters
- Transcript (optional)
- Applications are accepted from the beginning of January until the end of February.
- Interviews are scheduled on a rolling basis as complete applications are received.
- The process closes when the candidates are selected.
Send complete applications to:
Ann Whelan, MA, LMHC
MassBay Community College
50 Oakland Street
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481