Your dreams. Our mission.
Career Websites by Major
Career Planning & InformationJob SearchProfessional Organizations
COMPUTER SCIENCE Job SearchProfessional Organizations
Career Planning & Information
- Teach for America Federal program for recent college graduates interested in teaching in urban, rural areas of need. The numerous videos of teachers and alumni of the program are thought provoking. Office career services including a job databank for alumni of the program.
- National Commission on Teaching & America’s Future Non profit organization dedicated to improving teaching- policy development, links to professional educational associations.
- Massachusetts Department of Education Licensing requirements, state and school district profiles, policy development, educational programs, job matching program.
- Massachusetts Initiative for New Teachers (MINT) Program to recruit and train aspiring educators with the expertise and commitment to teach a high-demand subject area in high-need school districts.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children Teacher resources, professional journal on critical issues, accredited programs in ECE, links to professional groups.
- Council for Exceptional Children Professionals working with children with special needs. Special interest groups. Policy accreditation and licensing, policy development, career development and job search information. Listing of ECE Programs by state, by zip code.
- National Association of Independent Schools Organization of private independent schools in US. Provide job listings; resume databank and professional journal (current issues). Some areas of website are reserved for members only.
- Early Childhood Learning and Knowledge Center Sponsored by the Office of Head start offers a database of contact information on HEADSTART Programs nationally. Look for HEADSTART LOCATOR on navigation bar. Web site may be read in Spanish and English.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Professional, scientific, and credentialing association for audiologists, speech-language pathologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists. Licensing, career and job search information.
- National Employment Minority Network Organization designed to bring minority job seekers and employers seeking diversity together. Employers are public and private schools, colleges, and non profit organizations across the country. Provides resume database and national job bank. Service is free for job candidates. Sponsors diversity job fairs nationally.
- National Education Association Nation’s largest professional employee organization (union) for educators. Policy development, labor issues. Salary information by state. National job bank for all educators including public school teachers, college faculty and educational support staff (aides etc).Articles for the new professional, sample lesson plans etc. Information for job seekers including advice on portfolios.
ENGINEERING Job Search Information
Career Planning and Information
- Job-Hunt - Job search site that specializes in positions in Engineering fields as well as Computers and Technology. Includes entry level, internship and seasonal jobs.
- Dice - Job posting site for technology job seekers
- Environmental Career - Comprehensive site that connects environmental employers and job seekers
- Engineering Central - Website that has a focus on entry level, engineering job opportunities
- Engineer.net - Website hosts large posting board for range of engineering specialties
Professional Associations and Engineering Societies
All the following websites contain publications, industry updates, a discussion of professional issues and career/employment information
GENERAL HEALTH & SCIENCES
HUMAN SERVICE & COUNSELING
- National Association of Social Workers Specialty areas including adolescence, gerontology. Credentialing, continuing education. Career information is located under Press Room. National Job Listings are available to all job seekers but some areas of web site reserved for members only.
- Social Work the Profession Career pages of National Association of Social Workers, career profiles personal stories. Information on current issues and salary.
- National Association of Social Workers, Massachusetts Chapter Limited information on job opportunities: open to all job seekers. FAQ’ on licensing requirements. Career information in FOCUS Newsletter but access restricted to membership
- Massachusetts Association of Community Action Programs State wide listing of participating agencies and their programs. Links to governmental resources at state and federal level.
- Action for Boston Community Development Boston Chapter serves Boston neighborhoods. Programs include child care, legal assistance, community development, elder services, adolescent programs, crisis intervention and health programs. Sponsors Boston Resource web site.
- Boston Resource Net Search engine for all human service resources in Greater Boston. Search by type , organization, service and alphabetically. Provides basic contact information. Web resource links
- American Counseling Association Umbrella group – several links to other regional and specialty associations. Licensing information. Job data bank for members only. Journal and conference papers give insight into the current issues. Advice on choosing a graduate program in counseling.
- Massachusetts Department of Social Services Adoption, foster care, adolescent services, regional and area offices directory
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation CommissionVocational Rehabilitation Services, Community Services, and eligibility determination for the Social Security Disability
- Human Services Career Network Career Center information gives advice and brief descriptions of career titles in human services. General internship advice. Resume and letter information is general but interview information is tailored to the field of human services.
- US Department of Health and Human Services Mega-site. Clearinghouse for topics under the human service umbrella including child and family, elderly, homelessness, mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence. Search by topic or population. Web links to other agencies under the HHS umbrella. Most useful area “Resource Locators” listing of services by state, by zip code for each area.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Federal HHS site focusing on substance abuse and mental health services. Description of programs and initiatives. For national agency listing see BELO
- Mental Health Services Locator Services National database of services searchable by state. Great site just search for MA information gives you a listing of state agencies and services by topic with links.
- Social Service Jobs The job site for jobs in social work, counseling, psychology, sociology, mental health, case management, employee assistance, volunteer management, substance abuse treatment, domestic violence, community development, mentoring, youth development, child welfare, developmental disabilities and all other areas of social services."
- Social Work PRN National staffing service specializing in the human service, mental health field has Boston office. Placements in medical and behavioral health care hospitals, addiction treatment centers, outpatient, partial hospitalization and day treatment programs, family and children service agencies, Employee Assistance Programs and managed care companies, government agencies, long term care facilities, rehabilitation centers, HMOs, hospice, home health agencies, schools, community service providers, ASOs, residential facilities, and many other practice settings.
- National Organization for Human Services Promotes the human service profession, professional journal, job listings. LIMITED VALUE----web site including professional journal and job listings reserved for membership.
- American Public Human Services Association National directory, job bank, professional conference, policy and issues.
Career Planning & Information
Job SearchProfessional Organizations
Career Planning and InformationJob SearchProfessional Organizations