Welcome to MassBay Community College.
Non-Matriculating (Non-Degree/Certificate Seeking) Student Application Process
A Non-Matriculating student is someone who does not wish to complete a certificate or degree at MassBay and who only wishes to take a few courses.
You are very likely a Non-Matriculated student if you fall into one or more of the following categories:
- You want to take a few courses to transfer back to your institution.
- You want to take a few courses to fulfill pre-requisites for another college or university’s undergraduate or graduate program.
- You want to take a few classes for your own personal enrichment.
If you do not plan to become a MassBay student and your goal is to just take a few classes here then you do not need to complete our formal Admissions application and fee for enrollment. The process is as simple as completing our Registration Form. Complete this form, including course registration information for the courses you wish to sign up for. The current course schedule can be found on our website. Return your completed form to Enrollment Services to register for the courses you need (You DO NOT need to meet with an Academic Advisor).
Please note, however, if you are trying to register for one of our Math or English courses you must first:
- Show proof of prior completion of college-level English or Math. To do this you must obtain an official or unofficial copy of your previous college transcript and bring this to our Advising Center to verify with an Academic Advisor that you have the appropriate prerequisite(s) to take a Math or English course.
- Complete our Placement Testing for Math and/or English by signing up for a test date with our Academic Achievement Center. Placement testing is available throughout the year. To schedule an appointment, please call 781-239-2620. Once you have completed placement testing and your results have been evaluated, bring your results to the Advising Center and meet with an Academic Advisor who will verify which level of Math and/or English you can register for based on your results.
If you are trying to register for a course (non-Math or English) that has a pre-requisite(s), you must first:
- Show proof of prior completion of the equivalent pre-requisite course. To do this you must obtain an official or unofficial copy of your previous college transcript and bring this to our Advising Center to verify with an Academic Advisor that you have the appropriate prerequisite(s) to take the course.
Students who are non-matriculating are not seeking a degree from MassBay Community College and, are therefore, not eligible for Financial Aid.