Our On Air Broadcast, October 1, 2013
Topics: Understanding Transfer Opportunities and MassTransfer
MassBay Live Transfer
Archive of past MassBay Live Google+ On Air Broadcasts from MassBay Community College
October 1, 2013 - Learn more about MassBay in these two videos: Understanding Your Transfer Options and MassTransfer
A discussion featuring Bryan Wint, Coordinator of Transfer Affairs at MassBay and Jeremy Solomon, Associate Vice President for Marketing at MassBay.
MassBay Live - Understanding Your Transfer Options:
MassBay's Bryan Wint and Jeremy Solomon discussing the many benefits of transferring out of MassBay upon completion of your degree or certificate program (6 minutes, 57 sec).
- MassBay is a 2-year Community College with affordable degrees & certificates
- Locations in Wellesley Hills, Framingham & Ashland
- MassBay offers 70+ degree & certificate programs
- Transfer process for after completion of an associate degree or after earning some credits
- If you graduate from MassBay you might have a guaranteed option based on parameters
- In most cases, students attend MassBay for at least a year, often for the entire degree
- Most students look at a variety of institutions
- Many students transfer to a 4-year public institution
- Students also transfer to private institutions
- Start at MassBay to lower your overall education costs
- Transfer Advising is part of Academic Advising at MassBay
MassBay Live - MassTransfer:
Continued discussion with Bryan Wint and Jeremy Solomon on the topic of MassTransfer. (4 minutes, 55 sec).
- Overview of the MassTransfer Program
- Guaranteed admissions options to 4-year public institutions if you meet certain requirements
- Students must hit certain parameters (i.e. GPA, number of credits)
- Massachusetts Public Institutions include. UMass Amherst, UMass, Lowell, UMass Boston, UMass Dartmouth, Bridgewater State University, Framingham State University, Salem State, and more
- Work with your academic advisor for your transfer pathways based on programs you are considering
- Benefits include: lower education cost for your time at a community college; if meet requirements you might get a break in tuition at the 4-year public institution and you might earn guaranteed admission to a public Massachusetts institutions, based on parameters discussed.
Additional Information >>