Your dreams. Our mission.
Transitional Scholars Program
The Transitional Scholars Program at MassBay is a student centered program designed for transition age students with a documented intellectual disability. This program serves students typically between 18-22 years old, currently enrolled in their high school transition programs or transitioning from high school to post-secondary education. The Transitional Scholars Program is designed for students who are interested in taking one (1) college course per semester and accessing the program’s services for a maximum of three (3) years. Given the individualized nature of this program, all decisions are at the discretion of the program coordinator and his/her designee.
The Transitional Scholars Program serves students who…
- have a documented intellectual disability
- have academic and career interests align with course offerings
- are highly motivated and has the drive to succeed in the college setting
- can benefit from the supports offered at MassBay
- have clearly identified employment goals
- have a strong desire to be independent
- can benefit from the social engagement on the college campus
- must be able to abide by MassBay’s Student Code of Conduct
- are responsible for independent decision making including direct communication between the student and the College.
CLICK HERE to download a word (.doc) version
CLICK HERE to download a PDF (.pdf) version
For more information about the Transitional Scholars Program at MassBay Community College, please contact: