Find your future now at MassBay Community College
Research & Publications
Publications & Presentations
- Saman, S., Visnick, Y., Saman, P., Saman, S. & Raya, M. (2011). "Neurotoxicity and pathogenesis of 6 B. anthracis related environmentally isolated bacteria members of the B.cereus group." American Society for Microbiology Biodefense and Emerging Diseases Research Meeting, Washington, DC.
- Saman, S. (2011). "Tau secretions of human neuroblastoma cells occurs via the release of exosomes". Keystone Symposia 2011- Neurodegenerative Diseases: The Molecular and Cellular Basis for Neurodegeneration. Taos, NM.
- Saman, S., Slattery, P., & Saman, S. (2010). “Microbial Biodiversity Investigation Techniques.” Current Research, Technology and Education Topics in Applied Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology. Ed. Antonio Mendez Vilas. Vol. 2. Badajoz, Spain: Formatex Research Center.
- Ranatunga, T.D., Taylor, R.W., Bhat, K.N., Reddy, S.S., Senwo, Z.N., & Jackson, B.A. (2009). Inorganic phosphorus forms in Soufriere Hills volcanic ash and volcanic ash-derived soil. Soil Sci., 174:430-438.
- Hewlett, J. ( 2009). Montserrat Reef Check Survey to Kick Off Summer Dive Festival. The Transect Line: Reef Check Global Network. vol 9(2).
- Bhat, K. N., Ranatunga, T.D., Taylor, R. W., Senwo, Z. N., April, R. H., Jackson, B.A. (2006). The Current Status of the Soufriere Hill Volcanic Ejecta on the Andosols of Montserrat. 18th World Congress of Soil Science, Philadelphia, PA.
- Bhat, K. N., Ranatunga, T. D., Taylor, R. W., Senwo, Z. N., & Jackson, B.A. (2005). Nutrient and Metal Content of Volcanic Ash and soil from Montserrat Island, West Indies. Soil Science Society of America Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Hewlett, J., Hause, N. and Halliley, J. (2005). Macro and molecular indicators of stress on coral reef ecosystems in response to volcanic activity on the Caribbean island of Montserrat, W.I., Rochester Academy of Sciences, Rochester, NY.
- Hewlett, J. (2005). Montserrat: Active Volcano Affects Local Reefs. The Transect Line: Reef Check Global Network. vol. 5(1).
- Guzman, J. , Dircks, K., Edwards, R., Miliman, A., Hewlett, J., & Jackson, B.A. (2003). Analysis of Coral Mitochondrial DNA from the Volcanic Regions of Montserrat, West Indies. Molecular Biology of the Cell, Supplemental, Volume 14, No. 2103.
- S. Saman, S. Saman, and P. Slattery (2010). Isolation Of A Potential New Member Of The Bacillus cereus Group From Snow Covered Soil. Life Sciences and Medical Research (LSMR 18).
- S. Saman, P. Slattery and S. Saman- Isolation, Description and Sequencing of a number of Novel microorganisms isolated from the Hockomock Swamp in Massachusetts. 2009 3rd ASM Conference on Prokaryotic Development.
- S. Saman, Sudad Saman and Patty Slattery. (2008) Isolation and Characterization of protein toxins produce by A Related Bacillus anthracis and cereus Novel Species Bacillus samanii sp nov. 2008 ASM Biodefense and Emerging Diseases Research Meeting, Washington DC.
- Role of MAPK pathway in stabilizing COX-2 mRNA in normal prostate and cancer cells
- Analysis of Variations in the 3’-UTR of Cycloxygenase-2 in Cancer
- Analysis of Cyclooxygenase-1 and -3 Expression in Prostate Carcinoma
- Biodiversity of Microorganisms at Different Ocean Depths