Find your future now at MassBay Community College
Mission & Goals
The Division of Health Sciences mission is to prepare graduates from a variety of programs who can provide professionally competent, safe, ethical, and compassionate health care. The health programs within the Division provide educational opportunities to individuals who come from diverse backgrounds as well as to meet the economical and workforce needs in the College’s target communities.
Utilize a systemic evaluation process to ensure programs maintain the highest standards and are reflective of current practices.
- Prepare students to become employed in a specific health career field.
- Provide community outreach in assisting others to achieve personal and academic goals.
- Maintain external accreditation for specific health science programs.
- Commitment to the philosophy of student first in teaching and service.
- Engage in community service activities.
Based upon the Core Values of the College, the Division of Health Sciences has identified the following core values:
- Quality education in all health programs that is based upon current standards of practice, use of technology, and application of contemporary pedagogy.
- All students have the potential for success when academic and personal support services are given throughout the educational process.
- Communication and team work are an integral part of the learning and working environment.
- Respect for diversity becomes the foundation for understanding and embracing the richness of differences in opinion, culture, ethnicity, and life style.
- Change is embraced by challenging the status quo and a willingness to accept new ideas.
Community College education becomes a pathway that fosters student success.