Find your future now at MassBay Community College
Evening and Weekend Programs FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Who takes courses evenings and weekends?
- Students who work daytime hours and/or have family obligations
- Students who wish to have credits transferred to another institution
- High school students as part of our Dual Enrollment Program
- Home school students who need a lab science course
- Students who want to work at their own pace
- Students who are looking to enrich their personal knowledge
How long will it take me to earn a degree or certificate?
- You can earn an Associate’s Degree in the evening in just three years by taking classes four evenings per week, given that you meet competencies in English and Math.
- You can earn an Associate’s Degree on weekends in less than two years, given that you meet the competencies in English and Math.
- You can earn a certificate in Business Information Technology in 8 months.
Am I eligible for financial aid?
Any student enrolled in a degree or certificate program can apply for a loan, grant or scholarship. Please call (781) 239-2600 or visit the Office of Financial Aid to begin the application process.
Will these credits transfer to a four-year institution?
MassBay students may transfer to public colleges or universities under MassTransfer. Please contact our Transfer Advising at (781) 239-2783 to obtain more information. MassBay is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc (NEASC).
What are the available sessions for the Fall and Spring semesters?
- 15 Week – Full semester courses, 3 credits = one night per week, 4 credits = two nights
- 8 Week I – Accelerated courses, mostly on Saturdays 8:00am – 4:30pm or online
- 8 Week II – Accelerated courses, mostly on Saturdays 8:00am – 4:30pm or online
- Online – Courses meet through Blackboard website and all material is completed online
- Hybrid – Lecture material is online and labs are face-to-face
- Please view our Academic Calendar for exact dates.
How do I find the course schedule?
- From the Academics tab on the main navigation menu, click on “Course Offerings ”
- Click on Course Schedule
- Select the appropriate term and filter courses by preference
How do I enroll?
If you are seeking to join a degree or certificate program, please contact the Office of Admissions at (781) 239-2500. You will need to complete the following steps:
- Obtain an application - online or through the Office of Admissions
- Submit the application
- Self-certify high school graduation or equivalency as part of the application
- International documents must be translated by certified credentials agency
- Forward official college degree or college credits from accredited colleges to the Office of the Registrar
- Receive you letter of acceptance
- Register for classes
If you are taking one or two classes for enrichment or to transfer to another institution:
MassBay Community College
Office of the Registrar
50 Oakland Street, Wellesley, MA 02481-5307
*Registration forms are only accepted in-person with a picture-identification and must be signed. Registration forms will not be accepted or processed if received in the e-mail or fax.