Your dreams. Our mission.
Traditional Dual Enrollment at MassBay Community College (MassBay) allows qualified high school and home school students to enroll in college courses. Participating students may receive college and high school credits for their course work. As a Dual Enrollment student, one may register for a full-time or part- time schedule.
- Candidate must be a Massachusetts resident.
- Candidate must be a currently enrolled in grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 in a Massachusetts public secondary school or non-public school, including home school.
- Candidate must submit the Dual Enrollment Application and Agreement.
- Candidate must have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale (“B” grade average).
- Candidate must take MassBay administered placement test, using the MassBay placement tests, into college level math and/or English courses (100-level math class and EN 101 or higher for English).
- Candidate must enroll in college-level classes.
ENROLLMENT PROCESS OVERVIEW:
- Complete and Submit Dual Enrollment Agreement/Application:
- Dual Enrollment Contract with parent signature
- Application page
- In-State Tuition Eligibility Form
- Guidance Counselor Section showing GPA of over 3.0 and State Assigned Student ID number.
- Submit High School transcript showing 3.0 GPA
- Take placement testing at MassBay
- Make an appointment to meet with Robyn Ross, Admissions Coordinator.
- Review test scores
- Select classes (students must meet appropriate course pre-requisites)
- Register for class(es)
- Pay Tuition and Fees
- Purchase text books
- Begin Classes.
- Submit grades to your high school at the end of the semester.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA at MassBay.
|Summer I & II|
|May 26, 2015|
|May 5, 2015|
|May 19, 2015|
|July 6, 2015|
|June 15, 2015|
|June 29, 2015|
|Fall 2015||September 8, 2015||August 18, 2015||September 1, 2015|
The tuition and fees rate for students who meet all Dual Enrollment requirements will be $174 per credit (tuition = $24 in-state rate, all college fee = $130, technology fee = $20). Dual Enrollment students are not eligible for other financial aid benefits. Students are responsible for transportation, textbooks and instructional materials. Students should follow the bill payment deadlines as designated by the Student Accounts Office. You may contact the Student Accounts Office for more information.
Information on the MassBay placement tests >>
For additional information about Dual Enrollment contact: Robyn Ross: email@example.com