Your dreams. Our mission.
Traditional Dual Enrollment at MassBay Community College (MassBay) allows qualified high school and home school students to enroll in college courses. Participating students may receive college and high school credits for their course work. As a Dual Enrollment student, one may register for a full-time or part- time schedule.
- Candidate must be a Massachusetts resident.
- Candidate must be a currently enrolled in grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 in a Massachusetts public secondary school or non-public school, including home school.
- Candidate must submit the Dual Enrollment Application and Agreement.
- Candidate must have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale (“B” grade average).
- Candidate must take MassBay administered placement test, using the MassBay placement tests, into college level math and/or English courses (100-level math class and EN 101 or higher for English).
- Candidate must enroll in college-level classes.
* If a candidate’s high school GPA is below a 3.0 out of a 4.0, he/she may be considered for courses at MassBay on a case-by-case basis, but will not be eligible for the reduced Dual Enrollment rate of $57 per credit.
ENROLLMENT PROCESS OVERVIEW:
- Complete and Submit Dual Enrollment Agreement/Application:
- Dual Enrollment Contract with parent signature
- Application page
- In-State Tuition Eligibility Form
- Guidance Counselor Section showing GPA of over 3.0 and State Assigned Student ID number.
- Submit High School transcript showing 3.0 GPA
- Take placement testing at MassBay
- Make an appointment to meet with Robyn Ross, Admissions Coordinator.
- Review test scores
- Select classes (students must meet appropriate course pre-requisites)
- Register for class(es)
- Pay Tuition and Fees
- Purchase text books
- Begin Classes.
- Submit grades to your high school at the end of the semester.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA at MassBay.
|September 2, 2014|
|August 12, 2014|
|August 26, 2014|
|January 5, 2015|
|December 15, 2014|
|December 29, 2014|
|Spring 2015||January 20, 2015||December 30, 2014||January 13, 2015|
New funding structure will be available by the end of October 2014.
Information on the MassBay placement tests >>
For additional information about Dual Enrollment contact: Robyn Ross: email@example.com