Your dreams. Our mission.
Traditional Dual Enrollment & Partner
High School Dual Enrollment Program
Summer & Fall 2016 Semester
Priority Deadlines and Dates:
April 25, 2016
August 5, 2016
Semester Start Date
May 23, 2016
September 6, 2016
Traditional Dual Enrollment at Massachusetts Bay Community College (MassBay) allows qualified high school and home school students to enroll in college courses. Participating students may receive college and high school credits for their course work. As a Dual Enrollment student, one may register for a full-time or part-time schedule.
MassBay Dual Enrollment Application
Partner High School Dual Enrollment is a special dual enrollment program offered using Commonwealth Dual Enrollment Program (CDEP) funding for participating high schools and is free for those students who qualify and participate. For Summer and Fall 2016 the partner schools are Natick High School, Keefe Technical High School, and Framingham High School. If you attend one of these partner schools the college courses are predetermined in consultation with the High School and offered in a cohort delivery method.
- Candidate must be a Massachusetts resident.
- Candidate must be a currently enrolled in grade 9–12 in a Massachusetts public secondary school
or non-public school, including home school.
- Candidate must submit the Dual Enrollment Application and Agreement.
- Candidate must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4-point scale.
- Candidate must take MassBay placement tests and place into college level math and/or English courses (100-level math class and EN 101 or higher for English). May not be required for Partner High School Dual Enrollment — please check with your guidance counselor.
- Candidate must enroll in college-level courses.
ENROLLMENT PROCESS OVERVIEW:
- Complete and submit MassBay dual enrollment application and agreement by the published deadline.
- Take placement testing at MassBay (Required for all Traditional Dual Enrollment students)
- Make an appointment to meet with Dual Enrollment Coordinator at MassBay
- Review test scores
- Select classes (students must meet appropriate course pre-requisites)
- Register for class(es)
- Pay Tuition and Fees (Partner High School Dual Enrollment will be covered by CDEP funding)
- Purchase text books
- Begin Classes — classes begin on January 19, 2016
- Submit grades to your high school at the end of the semester.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA at MassBay.
The 2015–2016 tuition and fees rate for students who participate in the Traditional Dual Enrollment Program will be charged the in-state tuition rate of $184 per credit plus $40 in additional fees. Please note that these figures will change, and most likely increase, for the 2016–2017 academic year. Students will be responsible for the adjusted tuition and fees in accordance with the semester in which they will attend.